• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green sailfins are the norm
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by lilmissruffcountry View Post
      Tiger Endlers

I breed these guys. Both regular, and the Top Sword Variety(newly developed form), also have a small colony of Leopard Endlers, which is yet another developement of the Tiger...has more spots then stripes.

Anyone hear from LMS lately? would be interested in some endlers
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

We have a trio of Tiger Endlers. Got our first fry about a week or so ago.
        "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

I got some yellow jackets or thats what they were given to me as. Two of the same really but the females seem to be wasting away
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

i have 24 Tiger Strain Endlers. more coming soon lol.
            75g Tank,
            2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
            2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
            10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
            10g Tank
            Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

Houston Aquarium Warehouse has Tiger Endlers

Comment

I have my endlers in a 5.5gal chi. The one female, after popping out about 12 fry is all hunched over and not doing too well. Was it the stress of carrying the young inside? I have um....whatever my sugnature says and they are very colorful. I have about 20 fry from two females and one load each as far as young.
                5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
                20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
                29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
                29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
                29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
                55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
                75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
                / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

my female poop out 20 fry. and is holding again. she is due with in days now. as for stress i imagine quiet alot of it mainly when giving birth. but other fish on the tank may be attacking her when she was pooping and that may had affected her.
                  75g Tank,
                  2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
                  10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
                  10g Tank
                  Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

I only had the endlers and 3 .5" pleco babies in there. I need to update my sig. I have removed the tiny rasboras.
                    5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
                    20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
                    29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
                    29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
                    29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
                    55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
                    75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
                    / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

umm then i dont know. my female is so big rigt now. it looks like a balloon.
                      75g Tank,
                      10g Tank
                      Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

live bearers are like the roach of fishes. profilic breeder with high survival rates. i'm a big fan of the black bar wild type endlers. it used to be endangered. but massive captive breeding program is bringing them back. people have started releasing them back to their native environment too.

Comment

Originally posted by dblondfemme View Post
                          I have my endlers in a 5.5gal chi. The one female, after popping out about 12 fry is all hunched over and not doing too well. Was it the stress of carrying the young inside? I have um....whatever my sugnature says and they are very colorful. I have about 20 fry from two females and one load each as far as young.
                          Aw, that's sad...poor momma. I hate to ask the most obvious question, but what are your water params, have you tested lately? Have you had a swing in pH maybe? Small tanks like that can swing wildly when you least expect it. I love nanos and picos but i have to watch for that. If the mineral content isn't quite right, the mother could be showing a calcium deficiency because of the taxation on her body due to the breeding, etc.

Adding a piece of holey rock (limestone) can help buffer the pH, adding minerals...if you need a quick fix, add 1tsp of epsom or aquarium salt (even marine), it will bring up pH and supply whatever nutrients are missing if that's the issue.

Hope she feels better!

PS- Mnemenoi is helping me with this, I am nowhere near this knowledgeable alone.
                          "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

yeah water parameters may be the issue.
                            75g Tank,
                            10g Tank
                            Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

Working...
                            X