Questions on feeding and mixing Pineapple Tropheus with Malawi's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on feeding and mixing Pineapple Tropheus with Malawi's

I have got Pineapple Trop's with 30 odd Lake Malawi's, (yellow labs, White labs, Ahi, Mbuna, etc.) and 6 clown Loaches and 10 chinese algae eaters. 210 gallon tank, fx5, 4 1140's, and an 405. I have lots of hiding spaces, and moss balls in the tank as well.

I have been feeding african cichlid excel daily, and thawed peas and blood worms (once every weekend) the blood worms are for the loaches..

50% water change every two weeks.

The Pineapples have been in the tank 6 weeks and I lost one over the weekend. My thought was the blood worms, it looked bloated. But i have not lost any other fish. My concern is from a two mbuna have lost color, but I'm thinking it stress from the other fish fighting for terroritory.

Appreciate any feedback or thoughts

You're right about the bloodworms making the Trophs sick . If you continue feeding the Trophs an inadequate diet......you're gonna end up with no Trophs period . Apparently , you didn't do your homework when you made the decision to keep Trophs......and a fish had to die because of that . As for the two Mbuna.......I don't think it's stress that's causing the loss of color . I would check into the water quality . I mean..you have nearly 50 fish in your tank and you only do a 50% water change every two weeks . Also , add into the mix your wide variety of foods and the fact that your fish are known messy eaters . Mbuna's are kinda hard to stress out . Fighting and aggression is what they are known for .........IT"S WHAT THEY DO . IMO....you should start doing weekly water changes and feed a staple pellet that is good for all the fish . Also , it wouldn't hurt for you to do a little more homework on the needs and requirements of the fish that you keep .

Btw......if i came off a little harsh....it's because I love this hobby and I take it serious .

Comment

+1

Also, start treatment with metro or clout asap or else you will lose more tropheus.
      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Not your fault man just research the diet on your fish.. Some people take it way to serious... I use to have mix tangs and Malawi fish.. I think it's your water quality with as much fish u have in your tank.. Once a week huge water change would help out alot.

Comment

I ask for it, so thanks for taking it seriously.

Comment

No more blood worms! The trophs do need to be treated now. everything Dave and Thia said. Good Luck and if you need help keep this thread going.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

thanks everyone, i stopped the blood worms, and will do weekly water changes going forward

Comment

Working...
              X