Spring Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why Sundays?

Just curious...but why don't we ever use Saturdays for the sales? Is it that the building can never be available except on Sundays?
    I don't have mom issues with it being on the 8th, but I think it's too bad that lots of other folks will have to give it a miss who would otherwise love to come.
    MY MANTRA: Yes, I CAN have too many fishtanks!

Comment

I cant really ever get sundays off but they have been having them on sundays as long as i can remember, so i never get to make them. I would love to go to one of their auctions but hey at least this way i dont spend more money lol.
      Never fear I is here
      David Abeles
      Vice President
      Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

When I was a member of the club some 10 or 20 years ago, we held auctions on Sunday because that was the only day we could get the place for. I would guess it has not changed.

I plan to be there with some bags of Albino Turqoise guppies and some Plume Tail platies and some water sprit. maybe more fish/plants we'll see what's going on in the tanks. :)

Originally posted by Tiapan View Post
        I cant really ever get sundays off but they have been having them on sundays as long as i can remember, so i never get to make them. I would love to go to one of their auctions but hey at least this way i dont spend more money lol.
        Guppies:
        Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
        Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
        HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Comment

Yep...it's the 8th...life's been busy....sorry to be so slow on this.
          Charles Jones
          http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
          Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

Here you go...

PLEASE JOIN US AT THE

HOUSTON AQUARIUM SOCIETY’S

SPRING LIVE FISH AUCTION
            (FISH, PLANTS, SUPPLIES, AQUARIUMS AND MORE)

*Download Page*
            Sellers Forms & Auction Rules(click here)
            SUNDAY, MAY 8th
            *Download Page*Sellers Forms & Auction Rules(click here)

11 AM START - 10 AM SELLERS/BIDDERS CHECK-IN

AMERICAN LEGION POST

11702 OLD GALVESTON ROAD

HOUSTON, TX 77034
            (WHERE THE JET IS)
            THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO PICK UP SOME GREAT FISH THAT YOU NEVER SEE IN STORES AS

WELL AS SOME COOL STUFF AT THE SILENT AUCTION! DON’T MISS IT!!
            NO SMOKING per Houston Ordinance!
            Unfortunately, the "Steak Dinner" will NOT be available. The American Legion
            does offer hot dogs and small pizzas.

CALL 281-286-2238 FOR MORE DETAILS
            Charles Jones

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
            Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

awww, this makes me a sad panda. I can't make it on Mother's day.

Comment

moms love fish...do it for her...
                Charles Jones

Comment

Howdy, I will be there, bringing the usual hornwort with scuds, daphnia cultures, drift wood. later, Islander

Comment

Do I still need to do 3x5 cards for each auction entry?
                    Guppies:
                    Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)

Comment

do they have an atm at the american legion?
                      what do people usually bring?

Comment

yeah...we're doing the cards this one last time...and it's my fault...I've just been too busy to train people on the computer program. Insofar as ATM...I think there might be one in the convenience store attached to the Jack in the Box across the street.
                        Charles Jones

Comment

whos coming and what are you bringing? I don't think I'm coming but if someone brings something cool I might.

Comment

albino blue topaz guppies, 2 colors of plumetail platies, and watersprite. If I get organized enough . :)
                            Guppies:

Comment

Did you say Jack in the Box.....

Comment

Yep...so far as I know still one across the street...one of those gas station/fast food setups
                                Charles Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X