Petsmart lilies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petsmart lilies

Has anyone here with a pond ever tried the lilies or purple iris that come in a brown bag at petsmart?
    HALA MADRID!!!!

Save your money and go to a reputable dealer. There are some excellent places online (I've used ewaterlily.com for years and never had a bad experience) and around town. Two around town are Nelson's Water Gardens and Lowe's Water Gardens.

Use composted cow manure and osmocote for planting instead of the water plant planting medium. The osmocote will last all season, and the cow manure mimics what lilies grow in in the wild (that muck at the bottom of the pond).

Comment

Originally posted by Liane View Post
      Save your money and go to a reputable dealer. There are some excellent places online (I've used ewaterlily.com for years and never had a bad experience) and around town. Two around town are Nelson's Water Gardens and Lowe's Water Gardens.

Use composted cow manure and osmocote for planting instead of the water plant planting medium. The osmocote will last all season, and the cow manure mimics what lilies grow in in the wild (that muck at the bottom of the pond).
      Thanks for the great advice!!!....that cow manure sure is good stuff!!!....well actually those lilies were on sale at petsmart so I tried it anyways....I got a attraction and a sulphurea....so far they are growing real fast and big.....I have yet to check those local places though....
      HALA MADRID!!!!

Comment

purple iris in my pond about 4 if you are interested. Thye are blooming now! I could put them in a box and ship flate rate to you but would have to cut blooms off for 3.00 each. I can probably put in 7.95 flate rate box or I could put in tube with blooms and stems for what ever the cost is and ship to you. Let me know if interested! I also have some water lilly bulbs but not sure if they are form my pink or blue for 5.00 each! will ship same way!

Comment

Originally posted by rocksmon View Post
          purple iris in my pond about 4 if you are interested. Thye are blooming now! I could put them in a box and ship flate rate to you but would have to cut blooms off for 3.00 each. I can probably put in 7.95 flate rate box or I could put in tube with blooms and stems for what ever the cost is and ship to you. Let me know if interested! I also have some water lilly bulbs but not sure if they are form my pink or blue for 5.00 each! will ship same way!
          thanks....but I actually already got some of them Louisian iris....they had some at the native plant sale....I might get some of them lily bulbs later on though..
          HALA MADRID!!!!

Comment

Let me know if you do! Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X