Need your help re: trophues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your help re: trophues

I am buying a group of tropheus, between Tropheus Moliro and Chimba. Which sp have more color. Your opinion will help. Thank you.

Those two are going to be pretty similar.
    150G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
    125G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
    115G Tanganyikan

Comment

That didnt help haha.

Comment

i couldnt tell some of the sp reds apart so i sold the chimbas i had. if that helps.
        Damn this hobby......

Comment

Are they both W/C? Did they ever have bloat? How old are the colonies? Are they productive breeders?

W/C does not matter that much to me. Bloat either as long as it's not chronic. I do not want old fish. Breeding is a good thing to me.

I really do not care I just like trophs and petros.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

I realize that my Chimba are one of the groups being considered...but without being one-sided:

The Aqualog lists Moliro as being a brown-red in coloration while staying typically dark and exhibiting red when frightened. The Chimba are described as being brown-red and typically staying a carmine red. I think that Chimba are more red overall with a tinge of blue in the bottom fin. The Moliro tend to stay a darker brown/black color with a dominant red line near the tail end of the fish. Really just a personal preference...I for one like a lot of trophs that most dont (Canary Cheek for example).
            250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

All sp red are moody.

Listen to al. You think his comment is not helpful bc it's not what you want to hear.

If you are looking for a true reddish tropheus consider red rainbows or illangis.

All sp red mostly show the red color only when breeding. Most of the time they are more black.
              I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Originally posted by algarciajr View Post
                Those two are going to be pretty similar.
                +1

Comment

Originally posted by myjohnson View Post
                  All sp red are moody.

Listen to al. You think his comment is not helpful bc it's not what you want to hear.

If you are looking for a true reddish tropheus consider red rainbows or illangis.

All sp red mostly show the red color only when breeding. Most of the time they are more black.
                  +1
                  300g - Petrochromis Texas "Red Fin" Longola, Petrochromis Red Bulu, Tropheus Red Rainbow Kansanga.

Comment

Working...
                  X