Convict hybrid or something else???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convict hybrid or something else???

I have had this fish for a few months and still have no idea what it is. When i got guy at pet store said he didnt know what it was but that it looked like some kinda of convict hybrid which could be true. But if it is a hybrid i dont even know what it could be crossed with. I have a smaller one that look just like him but insted of red its fins are a pretty blue color. Anyone have any idea as what this could be or what it could be mixed with?? Someone said could be a HRP but i have those he looks nothing like them. So maybe someone here might know or have seen a fish that looks similar???
    Attached Files

HRP/Convict cross possibly?
    ‎Haiku's are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

Comment

Originally posted by stevenallenbarnard View Post
      HRP/Convict cross possibly?
      +1
      Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
      Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
      Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
      Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Nice fish what ever it is!
        46 gallon bow front
        Grow Out Cichlid tank

240 gallon long
        Community SA/CA/African Cichlid (we will see how it works out....)

Comment

Update.......did a lil more research found a fish that lookes just like him but it was a HRP so am guess thats what he is and that tha lil one that looks just like him but with blue fin is a female like i was reading. But here my question y is it in my resarch i did i found some HRP that look just like like mine and my lil female then others that were blue like what you get when you cross them wit cons but still being called HRP. I mean my male has a lil blue on around his gills but the ones am seeing have blue all over. So am keeping sum of the fry(sum of the 10 or so that made it) he had with my black con to see if they turn out looken like the so called blue cons I always see them selling. So far they just look like reg cons with a slight red tint starting to come in now with jus a lil blue edgeing there fins when the light hits them right. But there bodys have a slight well orange or copper tint to them not the typical grayish back ground. But maybe thats cuz there still young....well heres some pics sum of them arent that good thou ..... first two of mom black con and dad HRP? and last is of there babys
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X