Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexican Dwarf Crayfish?

Anyone have or know of someone who has any(CPO) for sale?Been Looking

I see them on Aquabid quite regularly, not sure if anyone in town stocks them though...
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Desiderius Erasmus
    GHAC President

Comment

yeah they are hard to find locally and that is a fact. I have thought about going to Lousiana and collecting some of their dwarf variety (legally of course) but dont have the time right now.
      Never fear I is here
      David Abeles
      Vice President
      Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

Three species of dwarf crayfish can be found in the wild in the Houston area. Cambarellus puer is widespread. C. shufeldtii and C. texanus can be found just west of town.

Comment

How do you ID these guys? Also, I thought C. shufeldtii and C. texanus were located in eastern Texas.

Comment

Here's a good key in general: http://iz.carnegiemnh.org/crayfish/Keys/cambarellus.htm It doesn't have C. texanus since it was described after the key was made, but the species description shows the distinguishing features. It is found between Houston and Victoria. Shufeldtii is found generally throughout east Texas, but is local in distribution. It also occurs west of Houston, in a somewhat disjunct distribution.

Comment

Working...
            X