75gal Tank Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 75gal Tank Build

Not sure what to call this so, title sounds great. So, here it is. The start of my 75gal tank. I've collected some really RARE and Exotic wood from the Great State of Texas. Nah, not really. It's not Rare or Exotic at all. But, it's really cool with awesome character. I WILL NOT say what kind it is until the tank has been completed. That means with actual live fish swimming around. There's WWWaaayyyy to many Tank Basher's on here that would sware that my fish will never live and that my tank will explode if I use this type of wood. So, you'll just have to wait and see.

Okay, so back to the good stuff. The tank is old, has the old brown trim which I will be painting black. Stand will be painted black as well. Also painting the back of the tank black.

I'm really wanting to use some White Sand. I saw some at Petco the other night when I was getting cat food. I see it is for Salt Water tanks. Does it have anything it it that would hurt freshwater fish? I mean, it's just sand, nothing I scouped off the beach.

So, anyway. Here's some pics of the wood for now. I'll have pics of the Tank, Stand, Wood, and anything else I come up with in a future post. Be kind.

This really bites. Can't upload pics because it say's the files are too large. Can someone help??????????
    Lori's husband Bill.

If you're open to light tan sand rather than pure white, Leslie's Pool Filter sand is 10 bucks for 50lbs. Its all I use. The saltwater stuff, depending on what it is, may buffer your water.
    135 gal Fahaka Puffer
    150 gal Threadfin Acaras, Angels, Red Spotted Severum, Gold Severum, and a Silver Dollar
    185 gal Demasoni, Yellow Labs, Venustus, Rustys, Plecos, Clown Loaches, and Sharks

Comment

Hey, thank's B. First off for the stand. I'm one step closer. The sand from Leslie's. I've got a bag. I'm just not really crazy about the color. I'm really wanting to go with a more pure white look. Anyone have any other suggestion's?
      Lori's husband Bill.

Comment

Working...
      X