X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: Marineland "Double Bright" LED Light Fixture 36" to 48"

Like this one:

Welcome to Aquacave, your number-one source for premium aquarium supplies for both freshwater and saltwater fish tank enthusiasts. We pride ourselves in our product knowledge and great prices that keep our customers coming back. We stock thousands of aquarium products such as protein skimmers, air pumps, water pumps, and power heads, a full line of CO2 Supplies, calcium reactors, aquarium lighting, fish food, refugiums, aquarium filters, aquarium heaters, and much more reef aquarium supplies. New products are added daily so please visit us often to get the latest high-quality aquarium products at great prices and Free Shipping. We carry an extensive line of fish tank supplies from premium brands like Tunze, Ecotech, Aquaillumination, Aqua UV, Neptune Systems, Reef Octopus, ATI, JBJ, Seachem, Brightwell Aquatics, Red Sea, Kessil, Salifert, Bubble Magus, Caribsea, Hagen, Hanna, Hydros, Reef Breeders, Sicce, Eshopps, IceCap, Reeflo, Dolphin Pumps, Sweetwater, Blueline, Gryphon, and many others. With quick turn

let me know what you guys got.
    I ate my fish that died.

pm'd
    250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

Let us know how you come out on the LED's. Been looking in that direction for quite a while but some feedback on brightness, or lack thereof, on a deep tank are a little concerning.

Comment

I have just one on my 110 gal 30" tall tank and it does good. It lights all the way to the bottom with no problem. It is not as bright as some tanks, but I did not want to grow anything other than fish.
        Fishtafarian- Fish are more than just a hobby, they are an obsession.

110 gal Tall (Angel Community)
        29 gal (Planted Puffer)
        10 gal (snails and small planted)
        5 gal Hex (shrimp)

Comment

Originally posted by katytropheus View Post
          Let us know how you come out on the LED's. Been looking in that direction for quite a while but some feedback on brightness, or lack thereof, on a deep tank are a little concerning.
          I have one right now over 375g. It's 30'' deep. It's ok....

LEDs are not bright as PC, T5, VHO, HM, or HQI.

The design advantage is not for it to be bright.

Major plus is low energy cost relative to PAR output.

Plus slight shimmer effect.
          Last edited by myjohnson; 12-15-2010, 02:51 PM. Reason: sp
          I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Johnson,

Have same tank as you. Which is brighter, T5 or VHO?

Thanks.

Comment

Now-a-days, both PAR and brightness goes to t5s.

The independent reflectors for each bulb really helps.
              I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Working...
              X