Finally, I'm in !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, I'm in !!

Tried for 3 days to register on my work computer with no success, so finally, at home on the Mac, was able to make it happen ........

Bottom line, after a 30 year hiatus from fish, I am back in the game ---- call it mid life crisis (I'm 51 with the mind and desires of someone 31), or maybe it's that I want my 4 kids (all girls, ages 16,13,10,7 ---- say a prayer for me), to experience fish, or maybe I realize my athletic career won't go on forever and I need to do something not so hard on the knees, ........but whatever the reason, I am back into fish. Have a 10 gallon tank w/2 pair of guppies in 7 yr old's room, are raising 7 angels in a 37 tall in 10 year old's room, have a 20 long w/2 goldfish (the name eludes me at the moment, but we've got them) for the 13 year old, and the 16 yr old is way too cool to have anything in her room except her friends.

My big project is going to be raising discus and probably more angels in the garage. As we speak, I am looking to invest in a couple of tanks (between 125 - 200g) to begin with. Never had money or space for discus when I was a kid, so this is really going to be cool. Am really looking forward to getting to visit w/ some of you on the site while getting back into this .......it's been too long.

Welcome to the Box !!!!

Comment

Welcome to the box
      Resident fish bum
      330G FOWLR
      34G Reef
      330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
      28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
      Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Welcome to the box! If you can, close in your garage fish room so you can use a heater and AC. Otherwise discus are difficult in the winter and everything else is in the summer. Not impossible and I'm doing it right now but it makes it harder. Good luck!
        135 gal Fahaka Puffer
        150 gal Threadfin Acaras, Angels, Red Spotted Severum, Gold Severum, and a Silver Dollar
        185 gal Demasoni, Yellow Labs, Venustus, Rustys, Plecos, Clown Loaches, and Sharks

Comment

Sweet baby Jesus!
          I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Welcome to HFB.

Comment

Welcome back!

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome. You will need this stress reducer to deal with all them boy's that will be around your house. Good Luck Bro.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

Welcome to the box
                    120g - Tropheus Moorii Kambwimba
                    180g - Petrochromis Macrognathus Dine/Tropheus Moorii Namansi I

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains"....Winston Churchill

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm"....Winston Churchill

Comment

Howdy! Welcome to HFB.

Mark
                      What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Welcome back! It's such a great hobby.
                        Tell your boss you need to go home to take care of your "cichlids." It sounds an awful lot like "sick kids." )

Comment

I'm 17 and I have a 55 and a 30, both cichlids. And a 20g with a salamander in it. Your 16 year old daughter just doesn't know that fish are cooler than boys and a lot less stressful. LOL WELCOME!!!
                          College = fishless for now. Vicarious living!

Comment

Originally posted by Dow View Post
                            I'm 17 and I have a 55 and a 30, both cichlids. And a 20g with a salamander in it. Your 16 year old daughter just doesn't know that fish are cooler than boys and a lot less stressful. LOL WELCOME!!!
                            I couldn't agree more Dow ---- you are right on point !!

Comment

Dow --- if my first message didn't take, for the record, I am saying again that YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X