albino blue topaz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• albino blue topaz

Does anyone here breed albino blue topaz, guppies?
    Im having the hardest time keeping the fry to live long enough to raise them.
    any secrets?
    thanks

Need outside blood for them...they are imbred bad around these parts..I am currently working on some new blood that I ordered. When I get some ready...I will let you know.
    BEWARE Guard GUPPIES On Duty!

Comment

I have some I got from Lotsofish. I have about 30 fry 1 month old. They are looking great right now but have not started to show any color yet.
      Guppies:
      Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
      Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
      HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Comment

i got some from him too, but my babies never make it, do you have a pic of your tank set up?

Comment

Sadly, my camera's are not working. however I can tell you about it. It is totally what you are NOT supposed to do. lol
          I got 6 fish from him, labled 2M/4F but they turned into 4M/2F. I raised them in a 5 gal with no filteration but with an air stone. I seperated out the females and paired them up with 2 different males. One pair I left in the 5 gal and the 2nd I put into a 1gal unfiltered tank. I've added a corner filter to the 5 gal. The pair in the 5 gal dropped babies a couple times but I did not try to save them and they dissapeared. The other pair I pulled the female out and put her in a breeder trap in a 2 gal, unfiltered tank. After she droped I left the babies in there. I've done one water change on them. And I am totally amazed at how good they look. There are a lot of snails in that tank. And they are fed flake one or 2 times a day. There is also duck weed (very sparse) present. Oh there is no heater in the tank either. I don't know if any of this will help you, but that is how they are set up right now. I plan to move them in the next week or 2 to a bigger tank with filter.
          Guppies:
          Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
          Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
          HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Comment

well albino are sometimes dificult,the key thing is to have a sister strain that you can cross them with.
            so when you are doing a crossback you got them back and with a better vigor.
            as a general rule when you go to the third generation you will lose sise , color , or fertility in this fish.

Comment

and by the way i do breed this line, so if anybody needs some send me a private msg.

Comment

have you tried worming your guppies.build them up a little . try some metro .make sure they are heathy before you breed them.it may make them stronger and build there longevity(?) and size.

Comment

Working...
                X