No announcement yet.

New to Discus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a journal of my progression. I'm still working on the plants. I've got 6 LSS and SS along with 4 spotted corys and a small pleco
    Chef~PIER 61 SEAFOOD

150G~discus and altums

Comment

I let the tank cycle for a day since I already had 3 cycled filters. I dosed with prime and tested the water for 3 days and no change. I'm running straight tap as instructed by mtun009. I'll keep posting until I stock all of my fish. I plan to put 10 in a 75g. Insane or what?
      Chef~PIER 61 SEAFOOD

150G~discus and altums

Comment

10 adults in a 75 is too many. I wouldn't do more than six. For right now, the juvies don't need as much space, but kept properly they'll soon outgrow a 75 and you'll need to rehouse some. Maybe by then you'll have a couple pairs form and they can move to breeder tanks. Your juvies look thin. How often and what do you feed them?

Mark
        What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

I'm no discus expert but I believe that they are getting acustomed to their environment. They are not eating as they should but they are still in that transition stage. I'll keep everyone posted.
          Chef~PIER 61 SEAFOOD

150G~discus and altums

Comment

I will be following this thread closely. Please keep us informed. Im thinking of starting a discus tank. Prob with 2-3 discus in a 65 with some other small schooling fish.

Comment

Working...
            X