Katrina 5 years ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katrina 5 years ago

Wow hard to believe that it's been 5 years.

What a devastating time in our history.

I witnessed the damage 1st hand and I have 100's of pictures and it's still hard to comprehend how bad it was.

Im way over it by now...of coarse im biased because the locals now call themselves my neighbors...funny how so many people LOVE New Orleans but yet most of them never went home???
    250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

No comment on this... I doubt I could say anything without pissing quite a few people off...
      75 planted (Being Renovated)
      Endlers
      gobies
      lots of nanos

Comment

Im with the last 2 posters.
        A wife, two kids and two cats.

Comment

I agree that we wound up with a lot of BS issues we never should have had to deal with.

Every Parish around New Orleans rebuilt. There are still 20,000 homes that need demoloshed in New Orleans and sit unclaimed.

New Mayor and Police Chief are in place. Will see what happens.

Bottom line is NO sits below sea level and it's going to happen again.

Comment

I don't really care about Kat....but Ike still scares me.

I can't have lights going out for that long.
            I ate my fish that died.

Comment

I hate how everyone pays more attention to Katrina hitting New Orleans than they do 9/11. I get sick of hearing about Katrina and at this point, I just don't care. New Orleans is doing fine. Katrina didn't flood that city, the levees failed the day AFTER the storm hit. They should be as concerned about Houston getting hit by Ike, but they aren't. Miami, Florida was hit harder than New Orleans was by the same storm. It's funny how people forget the ones who were most devastated. Sorry, but I can't stand it anymore. People need to move on.
              Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

Thank you!

You are so wise for your age Sir.
                I ate my fish that died.

Comment

fishboyt,

1. People still do remember 9/11. 5,10,15 years anniversary are somewhat big in the media
                  2. You should care at least as a Human..but I will pass!
                  3. New Orleans is not doing fine. The lower ninth ward is still not 50% .Outside the French Quarter and the Superdome NO is not even 75%.
                  4. The levees actually fail during the storm.
                  5. Miami and most of Florida are better prepared for hurricanes then most gulf coast cities.

Comment

Let me say this...before you speak on something. Think about what you would have done if you were in that situation.

Comment

I agree with all points of view.

I'm a Federal contract ER responder and i've been involved with Columbia, Katrina, Ike, Rita, Gustauv, BP and dozen's of other not so news worthy disasters.

I'm simply reflecting on what was one of the craziest times in my life.

There has been worse and it will continue to happen.

Mother nature controls us in ways no one really thinks about but at days end truly holds a powerful checks and balances card.

Look at what's happening in China, Pakistan, California yearly with the wild fires etc etc.

Comment

danielp,

your job sucks...no not really but first responders!

I have alot of respect for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Delock View Post
                          danielp,

your job sucks...no not really but first responders!

I have alot of respect for you!

Thanks Delock.

I'm the Resource Supply Chief. I manage a group that supplies, inventories and maintains everything needed for our team to get their job done in the hot zone.

I very much so enjoy what i do. It's thinking outside the box at it's best.

Been doing it for along time.

Comment

I am a Katrina refugee and I experienced first hand what happened there.
                            You guys watch it happen on TV. I LIVED it. Don't rip on me for not going back there.... i even stuck around for 18 months after the hurricane because i actually believe the city would come back. That was before someone got shot outside my apartment and bled to death right outside my doorstep.
                            Bodies lying at the street intersections, the "twang" of random bullets hitting stuff around you during the aftermath, the smell of dead, dying people and feces everywhere at the convention center, people tearing each other apart over a bottle of clean water. Please do not rip on things you have not experienced.
                            I would not wish what i have seen in NOLA on even my most hated enemies.
                            Last edited by nacra99; 09-11-2010, 12:15 AM.
                            www.ventralfins.com

Comment

Originally posted by danielp View Post
                              ....Bottom line is NO sits below sea level and it's going to happen again.
                              I made a video while standing on top of the Levee during a heavy rainstorm after Katrina in '06. Look at the water level compared to the roof level of the apartments. Gives you an idea of what we were up against.

www.ventralfins.com

Comment

Working...
                              X