Federal intrusion on state rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal intrusion on state rights

I dont know if Obama is trying to get back at Texas for being a red state but it seems like federal intrusion on state rights has reached an all time high. The administration is forcing its will on Texas' right to give environmental permits. The EPA has told several chemical plants in the state that they must now apply directly to the EPA for permits and bypass TXEQ. The administration also is fighting to take over Texas' taxing authorities so that it can dole out tax dollars. It is trying to take over the education board and its decisions on Texas education. It recently planned to close down many NASA dept meaning the loss of thousands of jobs. And reassigned the NASA director to help the muslim community understand their contributions to math and science. They revoked a major military contract from Stevensons who provides military vehicles and other products to the military meaning thousands more jobs. Federal government decided to force health care down our throats which forces people to buy a product which is unconstitutional. And lastly the governments unconstitutional block of deep water drilling means the loss of thousands more jobs in the state of Texas. I never was a big proponent of state succession but the federal government is pushing me down that road. In all the state would be the 9th largest economy in the world if it did.
    Resident fish bum
    330G FOWLR
    34G Reef
    330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
    28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
    Treasurer, GHAC

Not exactly the kind of hope and change we were looking for huh.....

Sounds like the NWO is revving up it's engines.... Hold on ladies and gentlemen it's going to get bumpy soon....

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Originally posted by Darbex View Post
      I dont know if Obama is trying to get back at Texas for being a red state but it seems like federal intrusion on state rights has reached an all time high. The administration is forcing its will on Texas' right to give environmental permits. The EPA has told several chemical plants in the state that they must now apply directly to the EPA for permits and bypass TXEQ.
      Actually it's more then several but the state should have never sign off on the flexible permit system. http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/7087940.html

The administration also is fighting to take over Texas' taxing authorities so that it can dole out tax dollars. It is trying to take over the education board and its decisions on Texas education.
      Should have been done along time ago. http://www.window.state.tx.us/comptr...and/wws0512ed/

But...you do know that Slick Rick took some of the stimulus money for education from the government while cutting back state dollars for education.

It recently planned to close down many NASA dept meaning the loss of thousands of jobs. And reassigned the NASA director to help the muslim community understand their contributions to math and science.
      Proof is needed on the second one.

They revoked a major military contract from Stevensons who provides military vehicles and other products to the military meaning thousands more jobs. .

Federal government decided to force health care down our throats which forces people to buy a product which is unconstitutional. And lastly the governments unconstitutional block of deep water drilling means the loss of thousands more jobs in the state of Texas

Less then 50 rigs out of 3000 plus?!?! thousands of jobs in the state? really?

I never was a big proponent of state succession but the federal government is pushing me down that road. In all the state would be the 9th largest economy in the world if it did.
      And so Mexico can take us back in 2 weeks?

Comment

Are you joking?

Texas would own Mexico.
        I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Working...
        X