• Show
Clear All

for which coral?

Comment

Acan
      Resident fish bum
      330G FOWLR
      34G Reef
      330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
      28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
      Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

I have a 5ml syringe from one of my old test kits, and i cut some hard tubing from my RO system and shoved it on top. Works decent if i wanna dump a bunch of food over it. I use that for most my feeding.

But if i wanna feed it well, i usually use a pippete for the most control. That way i can give each head 1-2 mysis shrimp each.

Comment

Pimp tank what light set-up do you have?
          Resident fish bum
          330G FOWLR
          34G Reef
          Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Maxspect led 160watt

Comment

Trung does not play!

Super clean set-up.
              I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Originally posted by Darbex View Post
                Pimp tank what light set-up do you have?
                I have pics of the led light fixture on the first page.

I'm on the fence with led. Somethings I have is growing crazy while others are losing colors and bleaching.

I'm not sure if it's the LEDs, the bio pellets or just me screwing up the tank. My alk tests are jacked up. Salifert reads 8.3dkh and my elos kit reads 6dkh.

P.s. Emerald crabs are the spawn of the devil. One wiped out half of my Ora bird of paradise sps. Still havent caught the ******* yet.
                Last edited by soymilk; 09-07-2010, 10:34 PM.

Comment

My emeralds havent messed with anything yet. Knock on wood. But they have demolished my hair algae problem.
                  Resident fish bum
                  330G FOWLR
                  34G Reef
                  Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Anyone want to buy a maxspect 160w led? It's the newest g2.1 version. Used for like 3 months. It grows sps pretty dang good.

Great growth with my Ora frags. Redplanet, pearlyberry and Joe the coral are growing pretty dang fast. At first my Ora purple plasma bleached out because light was too intense. Color is coming back now. This light packs a serious punch.

2 year warranty. This light is badass, but I like wasting money so imma buy more junk I don't need. My loss your gain.

Comment

PM me a price foo.
                      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

been a while since i updated so this'll be long. I bought a new camera so i was testing out video mode. it was recorded in 1080 but my stupid computer automatically downgraded it.

I went to TnT's anniversary sale and picked up some new stuff. Put in my 2nd mp40w. My elos ato unit came it.... its nice. So far its been working like a charm. Got my ato resevoir from AA, its badass. If i ever get a frag tank, i'll prob order from them.

New corals from TnT

Marinculture Green Milli
                        Ora Deresa
                        Ora Purple Stylo
                        Ora Hawkins Enchinata
                        Blue Acro
                        Blue Tort

My ORA Bird of paradise STN on me. Such a pity because its been with me since the beginning. It was my first SPS and it was growing outta control in this tank. I guess when I moved it, it didn't like it too much.

I took my GFO/GAC reactor offline for a while. My P04 and NO3 is till ok. No3 undetectable and p04 is .033 which is decent. I'll prob work on this to get it down.

After I took the gfo out....about 2 weeks later all my corals browned out. Tricolors, blue tort, slimers, ora pearlberry looks like crapberry. I guess biopellets can't keep up with my p04. The rest of the ora stuff looks ok. I guess I need to throw that gfo back on there. Prob run it on a cycle. only a few hours a day. My Ora Plum Crazy doesn't look so hot, I don't wanna move it because thats how my BOP died. :icon_hang:

Just got my newest order from saltwaterfish.com in.
                        Ora Yellow assessor
                        Ora Miami Orchid
                        Ora Purple Nana
                        Ora Valida Acro

Yellow assessor is badass. He was going around the tank swimming upside down. Funny lil guy.

Pictures in the next few days.
                        Last edited by myjohnson; 10-11-2010, 10:26 PM. Reason: edit video link

Comment

dude, that HD video looks clean man.

Does the camera auto focus as you move?

Feed the acan some miss shrimps and take a video of that!

Do you see the shrimp fight for it's life?
                          I ate my fish that died.

Comment

No way you can hold it that still. Got to have a tripod.

Comment

Yea it's pretty much the only camera that records video in phaseshift. Everyone else uses contrast.

I might get some live brine shrimp to feed it haha. Evil....
                              I dunno if anyone has live Mysis though, maybe really small ghost shrimp or sacrifice a rcs. But it seems the acans can sense pods somehow. Like 1:15 or something in, if you watch the bottom right corner. There's a little trigger pod swimming around. He acans moves it's tentacles around to grab it but it misses.

Comment

I used a tripod. Hand holding is for chumps haha. I only have a clear shot of the acans to film. Everything else is too hard. Imma try to get some gorgonian (sea fans) and film them eating.

Thanks for fixing the video, I was lazy. I need a new computer to edit video on. Hd video don't play.

Comment

Working...
                                X