My New 55g Setup!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF!

I didn't know it was your bday today dude!

Well *****, happy bday man.

I have 4x mp40w......you know you only need one on that playa elos tank.
    I ate my fish that died.

Comment

bout to throw it down on some dry rock. Either macro rocks, or brs reefsaver rocks. Does home depot or lowes carry egg crate? That light diffuser stuff?

Gonna do about 20-30 pounds dry rock and maybe 5-10 live.

Comment

yep i think i bought mine at lowes but i think home depot has it too, in lighting.
        75gal reef aka the $$$$ pit.

Comment

Originally posted by soymilk View Post
          bout to throw it down on some dry rock. Either macro rocks, or brs reefsaver rocks. Does home depot or lowes carry egg crate? That light diffuser stuff?

Gonna do about 20-30 pounds dry rock and maybe 5-10 live.
          Yeah for sure HD has it. I always hit them up.

Now we need pictures of the elos!
          I ate my fish that died.

Comment

just picked up some egg crate at lowes today. That junk is all the way in the back in the commercial contractor lighting area. I was walking around for like 20 mins.

Both my tanks look junk crap now. Just no time to take care of em. Been to busy moving, then unpacking. My complex is so crappy. They only offer "tvmax" . I read the reviews and it sucks. Can't set up uverse, and no att dsl don't work..... this place sucks so far. I have a herd of elephants living above me.

Hopefully when i get this internet problem solved I'll post some pics up.

Comment

Baller set up. I had to do a charge back on Marcorocks cuz homeboy delayed shipment for about 3 months.

Comment

thanks

I ended up getting rocks from BRS. Great service over there. But unfortunately my temp tank crashed. I was able to save most of my stuff. Only like one or two frags. Everything is in the new tank already. Didn't want to do it but had to. I guess thats what happens when you work 12 hours a day and have 3 tanks to watch over.

Might shut down the planted tank and reboot it as a frag.

Comment

lol, ADA frag tank.

A lot of people would be envious of that!
                  I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Is this going to be a talking thread? Where are the pics? Dude you have been on the box long enough to know that we need pics.
                    Resident fish bum
                    330G FOWLR
                    34G Reef
                    330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                    28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                    Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

sorry i've been putting it off.

finally got around to uploading the pictures yesturday. Most the pics are on the first post.

Comment

didn't realized theres a fish shop 2 mins away from my new place. Fish Land. The owner Andy seems pretty cool.

I picked up a yellow watchman goby. I always loved these little guys.

Comment

i stopped using GFO to see if my biopellets were working. Nitrates is low but my phosphates is high. Browned out my sps, and a bit of algae growth. Back to running gfo...... wish it wasn't so expensive.

Anyone wanna do a group by for gfo? lol

Comment

Anyone use microbacter7?

I was just about to get rid of the biopellets. Phosphate was crazy high. Seemed the biopellets like n more than p. Then I read a thread about vodka and microbacter 7.

So I said why not. Picked up a bottle.... All I can say is wow. Basically all my algae is gone after 5 days of dosing. My skimmer went crazy and overflowed though.

Mb7 is worth it's weight in gold.

Now if I can only get my tang to get nori.

Comment

pictures cuz no one cares about journal entries

added some new corals. Mainly sps.... everything doing pretty well except one big colony i got from rock and reef. I don't have my ato yet and im doing top off by hand. I lose about half a gallon a day. I make the mistake of adding all the top off at one time and then notice my tips are dying on just that one acro. Seems it so sensitive that even a little bit of sudden change in sg will cause it to freak out. Hopefully my ato comes soon.

Redid my sump and gonna redo the wiring next weekend.

Acans is growing new heads like crazy. I bought this as a 5 head frag and its 15-20 heads now. I feed it brineshrimp, mysis and if im lazy fish pellets.

3watt leds with 30w whites. 12k-13k ish look.

3w Royal Blue and 3w White. Looks like between 14k and 20k

New toys. Hopefully this will fix my problem with my tips dying on my acros.

New probe busted. Storage fluid has all leaked out. Sad..... gotta get a new one.
                              Last edited by soymilk; 09-07-2010, 04:20 PM.

Comment

What is your method for feeding?
                                Resident fish bum
                                330G FOWLR
                                34G Reef
                                330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                                28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                                Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Working...
                                X