X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alright then I'll be at my shop. like always
    Custom Aquarium Cabinets Justin Henry 281-739-8723

Comment

Justin if you want I have some green star type polyps that are growing like crazy I can give you. They look like waving grass in the current.
      Resident fish bum
      330G FOWLR
      34G Reef
      330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
      28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
      Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Originally posted by jhenry View Post
        alright then I'll be at my shop. like always
        K, should have the measurements for my buddy's stand tomorrow too. I'll text you. Let me know the cost.

You know how it is, I can't remember anything when I'm in a certain start of mind.
        I ate my fish that died.

Comment

How long is that tank? How deep? You might want 3 x 250w MH, if deep enough you might wanna go with 3 x 400w. Have you thought about what to do for actinics? I'm running 2x250w MH on my 90 with dual 110w VHO's. 14k phoenix for MH, super actinic and actinic white for the VHO. Great color, just a hint of blue/purple, not overpowering. Your tank is quite a bit bigger than mine though.

You'll probably need a pretty decent pump. Depending on your budget you may want to go with a reeflo dart or a mag 18 if cost is prohibitive. The dart could probably power everything if you plumbed it all right.

Comment

my tank is 96x24x18 so lighting is not the problem cause it is so shallow

Comment

Originally posted by Darbex View Post
              Justin if you want I have some green star type polyps that are growing like crazy I can give you. They look like waving grass in the current.
              thank you Darby I seen a tank that did not have subsrate all it had was green star polyps all over the bottom it looked insane but my bottom is so very large it would look good but I don't want to go that way but I sure will get some of those from you thank you bro

Comment

Do you know how bad it hurts when you get salt water on an open wound? Think ship date of 7/20

Comment

yea yea you have told me many times.

Comment

Dude i wish i had a tank that big!!!! I would go with t5 and halides Only leaving the halides on for 4 or 5 hours a day. It will help on the electric bill. As far as the reef. i would go mixed. Sps Is cool but is so boring compared to euphyllia corals and how they move, And everyone loves zoas. Keep some tangs and a cherub angel and some other pygmy angel. Not only are these fish beautiful and fun to watch they will eat unwanted algae. I only have one carnevore in my tank and thats a scooter blenny who just eats all the aphapods he can. If you can build up the aphipod/copapod poplation in the tank, i would get a mandarin. Its almost bullet proof. The only thing is you would have to quarantine tangs due to there ability to catch ich. And you got to have some clowns, to nibble at your fingers when feeding. I would also get different species of snails/conch/hermits/shrimp to keep things neat. Or you can go for a preditor reef and have sting rays, sharks, and lion fish. Just have to use urchins and possibly starfish to clean tank.
                    75gal reef aka the $$$$ pit.

Comment

Working...
                    X