Natural Earth Products Company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Earth Products Company

Has anyone been? They're supposed to have lots of different types of rocks (lace, holey rock), sand, gravel, etc. at good prices.

I've never been but have considered going. If anyone has been or heard about it I'd love to hear back.

we do business with nepco on a regular basis in my regular job and they have a good selection of different rock that can be used at reasonable prices

Comment

I have been to Nepco and Alamo stone which is also near by on Kirkwood.
      150G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
      125G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
      115G Tanganyikan

Comment

I've been to both Alamo and NEPCO recently and found the selection of choices at Alamo to be better.

Comment

Originally posted by glamp88 View Post
          Has anyone been? They're supposed to have lots of different types of rocks (lace, holey rock), sand, gravel, etc. at good prices.

I've never been but have considered going. If anyone has been or heard about it I'd love to hear back.

I like both Nepco and Alamo. Each has a selection of certain rocks/gravel that the other doesn't.

Comment

Possible stupid question: Would buying sand from one of these places be an alternative to PFS? Is there a fiscal or practical reason that PFS is usually used?
            - 7 neon tetra

10g:
            - 1 long-finned zebra danio
            - 3 black bristle nose pl*cos

Comment

Originally posted by Darkwynd View Post
              Possible stupid question: Would buying sand from one of these places be an alternative to PFS? Is there a fiscal or practical reason that PFS is usually used?
              Personally , I don't think buying sand from either of these places would be an alternative to PFS . Mainly because I think that the PFS will be cleaner and have a consistant grain size . Plus , you won't really know the weight of the stuff you get from the rock yard . You may get something that's really fine and could posibly damage your filter or you might end up with something that compacts like mud instead of staying loose on the bottom of your tank like PFS .

Comment

Does anyone know if NEPCO or Alamo has a better selection of holey rock?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkwynd View Post
                  We bought most of our sand from Alamo. It was super cheap, but also super dirty, so it took a while to get it clean. It just depends on what is more important to you...saving a little money, or saving a little time.
                  Our Fishhouse
                  Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Never been but it would probably depend on your taste
                    Resident fish bum
                    330G FOWLR
                    34G Reef
                    330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                    28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                    Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Went to Nepco before the holiday weekend. Holey rock was .40 cents a lb. Stopped in one of the local shops to pick up a few fish. There holey rock was $4.00 a Lb. You be the judge on which is the better way to go. Just my 2 cents.
                      Lori's husband Bill.

Comment

Working...
                      X