No announcement yet.

Summer Auction - July 11th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome! I thought we were going to have to wait much longer. I will definitely be there. This time I will be much better prepared. There were some sweet deals to be had at the last one. I will also go thru all of my stuff. I know I have a few things I need to get rid of.
    Jarrod - Houston, Texas
    150 gallon - my African cichlid monster tank (I know it isn't a big as yours)
    17 gallon - Threadfin rainbows and corys lightly planted
    5 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder
    3 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder

Comment

Originally posted by clayt101 View Post
      I bred him myself. He was interesting, so I kept him for myself. He is about 2 years old, maybe a little less:

Do you all have access to wild sailfin mollies around Houston? If not, we could bring some to the auction. I might also bring a few years worth of fish magazines. I will post pics of the large pieces of driftwood mounted on slate. I am going to put it up on ebay soon, but would be willing to deliever it to Houston if someone there buys it....I do not plan on auctioning it at the auction.
      Looks like a nice mark too. Bring some wood...we can always use wood. Mollies I am not sure on, but wild blood is always nice to have of anything in my book. If you have any of those "golden top minnows", bring some of them too. I got a lone male that could use some friends...and yes I know they are a baitfish, but I like them and think they are pretty.
      BEWARE Guard GUPPIES On Duty!

Comment

Here is one of the driftwood pieces that you can pick up at the auction:

I will also have a 3 foot long hollowed out cypress log that would fit perfectly in a 125 gallon tank. It is perfect for plecos. It is mounted on a 1 inch thick piece of slate that is 1 foot x 1.5 feet to make sure it sinks. I think that this one will be too large to ship. In addition, I have another 1 foot x 1.5 feet piece of slate that I will put several cypress knees on. I can't auction these off at the HAS auction becuase I would have to pay 25 percent of the reserve; however, people could pick up the pieces there.

Comment

Who is bringing what?
          So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

Originally posted by Fire_chair View Post
            Who is bringing what?
            Yall pretty well know what I tend to bring. I might bring a few surprises...IF I come...still up in the air ya know.

Comment

I'm going to have to come directly from a swi meet. How far do yall think they'll be into the auction at... 5?
              College = fishless for now. Vicarious living!

Comment

Originally posted by Dow View Post
                I'm going to have to come directly from a swi meet. How far do yall think they'll be into the auction at... 5?
                Possibly over. The GHAC one was done by 4:30

Comment

:( :( :( the HAS auction before this one went pretty late. My dad and I got there at 11 and stayed for 5 hours! It was only at the second table, by then but I seriously hope it isn't over by then, this time. Thank you, though. I'll see if I can get out of that damned swim meet any eariler than then. XP
                  College = fishless for now. Vicarious living!

Comment

Possibly over. The GHAC one was done by 4:30
                    This one is usually way longer, especially the summer one...I haven't kept track officially but I think I'm still usually auctioneering until 8 or so...we often have a hard time finding a restaurant open afterwards for the workers other than a Denny's or IHOP.
                    Charles Jones
                    http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
                    Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

Hint hint, I hope people bring some blue diamond discus...
                      I can't wait to go, it will be my first big auction.

Comment

My Malawi cichlid tank will be ready for stocking. Looking for a variety of color including peacocks in the juvie size. Hint hint...
                        Jarrod - Houston, Texas
                        150 gallon - my African cichlid monster tank (I know it isn't a big as yours)
                        17 gallon - Threadfin rainbows and corys lightly planted
                        5 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder
                        3 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder

Comment

I hear that there will be people looking for red melon discus as well...hint hint

Comment

hate I am going to miss this. I will be in Port O'Connor for a fishing tournament. when will the next one be?
                            Fishtafarian- Fish are more than just a hobby, they are an obsession.

110 gal Tall (Angel Community)
                            29 gal (Planted Puffer)
                            10 gal (snails and small planted)
                            5 gal Hex (shrimp)

Comment

Usually the first weekend in November
                              Charles Jones
                              http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
                              Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

Problems on the HAS site(or its just me). I can not see any icons to be able to print the registry sheets from. Anyone have a link to the correct page?

Comment

Working...
                                X