Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dwarf Chain Loach (Yasuhikotakia sidthimunki)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwarf Chain Loach (Yasuhikotakia sidthimunki)

I've got a problem with too many malaysian trumpet snails in my planted discus tank. I'd like to add some small loaches, and was considering dwarf chained loaches, but I've read conflicting info on the web. Some say they eat MTS, and others say they don't.

What has been your experience? Please let me know whether your dwarf chain loaches eat MTS.

Thanks,

Terry

I think mine eat the smaller MTS, but pretty much leave the bigger ones alone. I know I have about 2 or 3 in a planted tank and that particular tank never has as many MTS as my other tanks. So I'm guessing they keep the population of MTS in check but don't completely eradicate it.

Nonetheless, these are some awesome fish that are always active and very attractive.
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Haven't found any loaches that will clean out MTS hiding in the gravel.
      My Dwarf loach can't even keep the small ramshorns in check so I went with the clowns & yo-yo's
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Thanks for the input! Sounds like I could get a school of the little guys for my 45 gallon tank, which doesn't have an MTS explosion, but I'll have to go with bigger loaches, or assasin snails for my 75 gallon.

Terry

Comment

Working...
        X