Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone going to Mike's Friday or Saturday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrontosaurusRex View Post
    heard about the new tank man. Good catch. If you can wait until the weekend after next, i'd be down to come help you get it set up. Have you decided what you're gonna stock it with?
    Can't count my chickens before they hatch. I don't have no tank at my house yet.

Plus, I'm going up there for a giant turtle! What are of that do you not understand?
    I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Get some fancy goldfish!
      300g - Petrochromis Texas "Red Fin" Longola, Petrochromis Red Bulu, Tropheus Red Rainbow Kansanga.

Comment

That turtle is gonna be sick man.

Look at Geoff's 10ft'r...that wet/dry just isnt doing the job. Two 2262's and that tank would be crystal. Sorry Geoff for bringing up your stuff, but it is a good representation. John know all the in's and out's to a wet/dry...so he can work with them enough to dial them in and make it work. For somebody like me who doesnt see whats really happening in the sump(and too lazy to study up)...Canisters are quick, easy, and look better under the stand.
        250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

Clear water doesn't also mean it's clean.

I do see the problem you are talking about. That's why I like BOTH and keep BOTH on my tanks.

On a 10fter, I would keep a massive wet/dry and 4 x 2260/62.

And top it off with two MP40w for flow.
          I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Originally posted by tbui1178 View Post
            Get some fancy goldfish!

NO! I want my giant turtle.
            I ate my fish that died.

Comment

I also am not a fan of wet/dry's. I used to want one only because I hate seeing tubes from canisters in the tank, but now that I have discovered (with the help of Geoff and my brother) the FX5, my problems are solved since I paint the back of my tanks black. No more visible tubes or heaters!!! In the words of a great man "Free at last, free at last".....oh and I was talking about John. LOL.
              If it ain't wild caught
              You ain't doing it right

Comment

)
                250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

If you want clean....drill the bottom of your tank for input and return lines.
                  I ate my fish that died.

Comment

I dont mind at all, Randall.

The 10ft is one of my hardest tanks to keep clean. On all my other tanks nothing but large canisters, and powerheads.

The 10ft has a wetdry and 2 large powerheads (2000 gph+ each) and its not enough.

The weakness of the wetdry is that it is so weak on mechanical filtration, and the tank is acrylic so it does not take much of semi-cloud water and the tank looks bad compared to my 8ft which is crystal clear on canisters. It also does not help that my 10ft is not drilled for any kind of access for canisters or hob's. I actually thought I might try HOB on the sump or a internal filter just for mechanical. I dont know.

Anyway.. I cannot wait to come and see Mike I have not seen him in a while, but did talk to him the other day about the TRopheus meeting in June.

More to come later...
                    380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
                    300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
                    180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
                    150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

when are you guys going? I'm heading up there this weekend also

Comment

Originally posted by Delock View Post
                        when are you guys going? I'm heading up there this weekend also
                        As of now, all my plans are set to go on Friday but I can't confirm 100% with the driver until later this week.

When you going?

Geoff,

You want to ride we us this weekend?
                        I ate my fish that died.

Comment

May roll Friday also..sometime either by 4 pm or after 6pm

Comment

Saturday is a wedding I am going too, and Friday is MB and I's Pre-Anniversay Date...so I am not looking like I would be going. Friday would be my only chance.

Comment

Originally posted by geoff_tropheus View Post
                              Saturday is a wedding I am going too, and Friday is MB and I's Pre-Anniversay Date...so I am not looking like I would be going. Friday would be my only chance.
                              That's cool!

I hope we can get this spring mixer going when Mike is packed with new fishes from the shipment.

It would be nice to see this season's rare fishes!
                              I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Oh yeah!!

Comment

Working...
                                X