Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting digital light timer PLEASE HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting digital light timer PLEASE HELP!!

Ok,

I have a coral life digital timer and this freaking thing is about to drive me absolutely MAD!! I am very good with electronics, computers, gadgets, and just about everything else with buttons, switches, or knobs but this damn timer has made me a complete technoplegic.

I have reseached it online, pulled the battery, and reset the times again and again but the nighttime lights stay on and the daytime lights never come on unless I switch modes to the "on" setting and then the lights don't cycle at all.

Is there some obvious step or trick that I am missing here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Shut up when your'e talking to me

Which model timer do you have?
    300g - Petrochromis Texas "Red Fin" Longola, Petrochromis Red Bulu, Tropheus Red Rainbow Kansanga.

Comment

I don't see an actual model number on it but it's the single digital timer. It has 2 yellow (daytime) outlets, 2 blue (nightime) outlets, and 4 outlets that are on all the time.
      st_16354_FS34709D_dig.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by troyofhouston View Post
        technoplegic
        I love that!

Are your times overlapping, by chance? I don't have one of the digital ones (I went with the one with the dial), I'm just throwing out the first thing that popped into my head. Otherwise, maybe you got a dud?
        Our Fishhouse
        Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

LMAO!! Thanks ima!! At least someone is humored by my misery......

Yeah, i have even set the times to where there is an hour difference between the daytime and nighttime settings. I have tried various configurations but can't get either one of them to work properly. This is why I think that there is something simple that I am overlooking or missing.

I have two timers (the second one is a GE and looks exactly like the corallife except its black). I wanted to have my lighting set up to where the main light comes on at 0800 to 2100, a second light comes on from 1000 to 1400, a third light comes on from 1200 to 1400. The main light turns off at 2100 and the night LED's come on. It may be overkill but I just wanted to have a more realistic daylight cycle.

Comment

I dont think its the timer. The times is working as it is supposed to it has a day/night cycle. the timer you need in order to achieve the light cycle you want is http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.co...,2761&breeds=1 . I just got this one myself and i have my 6700 come on at 12 and my 10k to come on at 1 and my lunars to come on at 9 when the other lights turn off. Im glad i was able to actually give helpful advice for once instead of reading all the time lol

Comment

The digital coralife can only control 2 plugs, and they CAN NOT be independently set.
              300+RR (8-10 ft x 30"x30") - Waiting to find it... Lake Tanganyikan
              225RR (72"x24"Wx29"H) DSA - Lake Tanganyikan WC Murago
              210RR (60"x24"Wx32"H) AGE - Lake Tanganyikan WC IN PROGRESS
              160RR 1/2 cylinder (60"x30"Wx30"H) AGE - Altum Biotope IN PROGRESS
              90RR (36"x24"Wx25"H) NEO DSA - Rio Meta Biotope
              90RR (36"x24"Wx25"H) NEO DSA - Lake Valencia Biotope

Comment

Working...
              X