pea puffer questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pea puffer questions

how many can i keep in a 14 gallon or ten gallon tank with deco of course?
    how about a 20 gallon? can they be kept in groups of 4? haw told me they can cause they dont get big... thanks, chris

I kept 3 in a 10g with no issue.
    I ate my fish that died.

Comment

cool thanks

Comment

Theres a profile or something here somewhere. I think the rule of thumb is 3 gallons per puffer if well planted / decorated but 5 gallons per puffer is preferred.
        135 gal Fahaka Puffer
        150 gal Threadfin Acaras, Angels, Red Spotted Severum, Gold Severum, and a Silver Dollar
        185 gal Demasoni, Yellow Labs, Venustus, Rustys, Plecos, Clown Loaches, and Sharks

Comment

what do these guys eat?

Comment

live snails is the best!

They can also eat blood warms.
            I ate my fish that died.

Comment

snails n bloodworms what else?

Comment

You can train them to take flakes and pellets.

I personally, never did this b/c I thought it was cool just to see them hunt snails.
                I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Originally posted by jisatsuguy View Post
                  snails n bloodworms what else?
                  To expand a little and be more clean:

Dwarf Puffers need a varied diet to remain healthy. Many keepers of Dwarf Puffers feed mainly bloodworms. And substitute with Brine Shrimp, Mysis Shrimp, Daphinia, Tubeflix Worms and Krill. Snails are also a very important part of the dwarf puffers diet. They need these young puffers cant really eat snails yet but adults need them. Pond snails are best they have a thin shell and are easier for the puffers to crunch. Many pet stores have these they come in on plants and become a problem a lot of stores will just give you the snails that are in their tanks.
                  Flakes and pellets can be used but aren't recommended to keep your puffer healthy.
                  I ate my fish that died.

Comment

ok, just got 4 pea puffersfrom haw in my ten gallon with ac30. got blood worms, will get mysis and daphnia! thanks man

Comment

Take some pics
                      If it ain't wild caught
                      You ain't doing it right

Comment

coming soon, but they tiny babis still!

Comment

I put three of these guys in my 65. I don't see them much but there is a growing collection of empty snail shells at the bottom. I throw some frozen bloodworms in there from time to time too. They don't get a whole lot bigger than they already are though. There is an adult one at HAW in the big tank in the back if you want to see one.
                          135 gal Fahaka Puffer
                          150 gal Threadfin Acaras, Angels, Red Spotted Severum, Gold Severum, and a Silver Dollar
                          185 gal Demasoni, Yellow Labs, Venustus, Rustys, Plecos, Clown Loaches, and Sharks

Comment

I would if they can hunt down an apple snail?
                            I ate my fish that died.

Comment

If someone wants to donate one, Dustin might let us put it in the puffer tank and video it... I searched youtube after reading that but didn't find anything like it lol

Originally posted by myjohnson View Post
                              I would if they can hunt down an apple snail?
                              135 gal Fahaka Puffer

Comment

Working...
                              X