Cyrtocara Moorii 75 gallon tank ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyrtocara Moorii 75 gallon tank ?

I was thinking about a peacock tank and still am but after doing some research and seeing a couple nice Cyrtocara Moorii (blue Dophins) thought it might look good having a male and 3 females alone in my tank. I realize 75 is a bit small for full grown adults and am on the hunt always for a larger tank. I would be purchasing them as juvies.

Anyone have exp in keeping these fish ?

bikinguy

I kept them back in the early 90s in my 125. I had three males, no fem. I really enjoyed them...pretty mellow for a malawian cichlid. Back then they were called hap. moorii.

Mark
    What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Thanks wesleydnunder,

Going to look at them again this weekend .

Nice quote from Heinlein...read him alot when I was a kid.

bikinguy

Comment

had some years ago in a mixed african tank. they behaved well with the other tankmates no problems. they dont have too much personality IMO.
        25g - Reef
        3.5g - Surge Tank
        10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

Working...
        X