ruby tetras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ruby tetras

I acquired 7 really small (1/2 inch) Ruby tetras a week ago. All seem to be doing fine, but sure don't seem to eat much. Any suggestions on what to feed them? They are coloring up nicely so guess they finding bits of food every now and then.

)

You say they don't seem to eat much. Does that mean they're eating when you feed them? Or are they ignoring any food you place in their tank? What have you tried? Half an inch is pretty tiny... :)
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I've tried a pinch of realy small floating pellets which they mostly ignore and then dip out what is still floating after 15 minutes. Tried frozen baby brine shrimp and they seem to try and chase some of it down, but I know a lot of uneaten food is staying in tank. I been wanting to add some corys to help clean up, but havn't found the kind I want yet. I'm worried more about the polluted water from the food than they starving I guess.

Comment

Mine seem to really like arctic copapods, but I mail order them so I don't know if anyone in town has any.

Comment

I feed live food to my bettas that are less than 1/2".
          infusoria, baby brine shrimp, micro worms, grindal worms, and daphnia ~ Anything that wiggles makes a good target.
          'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
          He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

mine just love flakes and bloodworms....its not necessary to go all crazy and feed them all kinds of fancy stuff....currently mine are blood red and breeding!!
            HALA MADRID!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X