Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics of two Clown Fish as best buddies!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of two Clown Fish as best buddies!!

so here we go...
    just got a pair of clown...
    i was worry about they won't host the anemone...but lucky enough they did just in one day...
    so looks like the bigger darker one is a female...and smaller and bright one should be a male...i have no idea...they swim together pretty much...so the bigger one likes the GBTA more, and the smaller one likes the purple tip more...but the bigger one sometimes switch between both ones..lol...

Last edited by myjohnson; 01-30-2010, 10:32 AM. Reason: search engine

awesome shots madugo. I've never had any problems with clowns hosting anemones, i guess thats luck. congrats.
    25g - Reef
    3.5g - Surge Tank
    10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

i was kinda worry because they are tank breed...
      this is my first time dealing with clowns...no pass experience at all....
      i have read that some people says that some tank breed clowns will never host anemones...
      some people even printed out a picture of a clown fish hosting a anemone...and stick the picture on the front glass of the tank...so their clown will learn how to host a anemone from the pic too...some people say it works...lmao....

Comment

Originally posted by madugo View Post
        i was kinda worry because they are tank breed...
        this is my first time dealing with clowns...no pass experience at all....
        i have read that some people says that some tank breed clowns will never host anemones...
        some people even printed out a picture of a clown fish hosting a anemone...and stick the picture on the front glass of the tank...so their clown will learn how to host a anemone from the pic too...some people say it works...lmao....
        Thats funny I wonder if it really does. Those pics are awesome I am so envious right now thats what I want.
        Resident fish bum
        330G FOWLR
        34G Reef
        330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
        28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
        Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

GREAT PICS. Beautiful clowns too.
          20gal. Neo.Brichardi fry
          30gal. Neo.Brichardi
          110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae

Comment

lol...a few people say it works....
            some people even say they pick up the anemone with their hand and try to rub it around the clowns...lol...
            looks like some of the clowns are pretty weird...they will hose all kind of stuffs...like a koralia powerhead or something...

Comment

Do you mean host all kind of stuff? It took me a minute I was like why would they hose something and what exactly is that.
              Resident fish bum
              330G FOWLR
              34G Reef
              330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
              28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
              Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

awesome pictures....thanks for sharing them with us.....

Comment

ha ha i agree that the larger one is female and the small one male. Thats awesome that they went right to it. I have herd stories of some clowns hosting mag floats and clams even. Nice photos by the way.
                  75gal reef aka the $$$$ pit.

Comment

Working...
                  X