Feeding time....Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeding time....Video

Went to visit the parents out in Hempstead. While i was there i snatched some shrimp and minows or whatever they are from their pond and decided to see how my fish take it. They had a blast. Threw about 6 shrimp and like 5 little fish in there...I figured i would post to keep some "excitement" on the forum.....enjoy...There is a black spot on the video...not sure what happend there....and around 35 seconds is the best part...ha ha

Last edited by tunedis95; 01-23-2010, 01:15 PM.
    240 and 35 Cichlid tanks

Brutal. Make sure the water you pulled the food from isnt contaminated in any way. I think 'Glass Onion' has enough dead fish for the whole HFB.
    If it ain't wild caught
    You ain't doing it right

Comment

I don't put the water in the tank. I strained them with a net before putting them in. I'll rinse them off next time
      240 and 35 Cichlid tanks

Comment

Nice fish man!

Comment

Poor mosquito fish. lol Those and wild mollies are what I feed my leaf fish during the winter. The problem isnt so much toxin, but parasites. I always try to find salt water food for my freshwater fish to prevent parasites. Only during the winter months (now) do I go into freshwater ponds for fish. I'll have to get a video of mine feeding one day. "Dipping" your food fish is a good way to prevent parasites. I have a bucket set aside that has about 30ppt salt. I catch my fish, then transfer them into that bucket until they are fed. The salinity change won't kill the fish for a long time, since mollies and mosquito's are widely considered brackish fish, but it will kill any parasites hanging around. In the summer, when I am catching pupfish and killies from the estuaries, I have a freshwater bucket which serves the same purpose.

If this is a "once in a blue moon event", I wouldnt worry too much about contamination.
          Last edited by Sea-agg09; 01-26-2010, 07:56 PM.
          75 planted (Being Renovated)
          Endlers
          gobies
          lots of nanos

Comment

nice video
            Resident fish bum
            330G FOWLR
            34G Reef
            330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
            28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
            Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Working...
            X