Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Helping one another| SKIlled Resources Technical Assistance Pool (SKIRTAP)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billansor View Post
    Nooo

I don't know what you are good for??? Is this 21 questions time now???

Hmmm Question #1; Do what you do to help others more mental or physical?? Uh I know.... it has to be a yes or no... but its the only thing I could come up with..
    he hooks everyone up on equipment and can lift one end of a 300 with 3 people on the end struggling. If he commits he shows!

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

Originally posted by billansor View Post
      Cool
      Then consider a challenge, if you will?? My challenge would be a sensor that indicates when power goes off and texts the owner or uses a reverse answering machine to send a message to the people - when there power goes off more than say 45 minutes... the unit could be programed such that if a person worked near where they lived, then the power could be off for 45 minutes before alerting them.... If a person lived a long ways away,,, then the power could be off say ten minutes before alerting them.

Consider if you will, that this could be marketed also and patented just for fish hobbyist. If this idea takes off and you make some money... Then donate to the HFB or some other special needs..

Bill
      at my clinic i give several vaccines, we keep them in a designated refridgerator, it has a sensor in the freezer and the ice box part of it that in the event of a power outage it will call the clinic director's house and cell phone alerting her of the power outage...this way we can take the vaccines to the hospital nearby and put them in their facility until our power is restored...we did this during Ike.....so a device of this nature already is in use so to speak....

Comment

Cool
        How much does this cost and where would people be able to get one????

Bill

Originally posted by fishlady View Post
        at my clinic i give several vaccines, we keep them in a designated refridgerator, it has a sensor in the freezer and the ice box part of it that in the event of a power outage it will call the clinic director's house and cell phone alerting her of the power outage...this way we can take the vaccines to the hospital nearby and put them in their facility until our power is restored...we did this during Ike.....so a device of this nature already is in use so to speak....

Comment

Hm mmmm I should have flown him up here to help with my move.... So he is more physical in helping... thats neat!!

Originally posted by fshfrk View Post
          he hooks everyone up on equipment and can lift one end of a 300 with 3 people on the end struggling. If he commits he shows!

Comment

I'm a IT consultant.... but I do real estate on the side.
            300g - Petrochromis Texas "Red Fin" Longola, Petrochromis Red Bulu, Tropheus Red Rainbow Kansanga.

Comment

I'm professional drinker.

If you need help drinking, I'm your man!
              I ate my fish that died.

Comment

I manage a veterinary clinic. I cannot offer discounts or diagnose health problems, but I can offer guidance, especially in prevention. The media has really skewered information on preventative medicine for dogs and cats. SOME unscrupulous breeders may also give out misinformation. I have been in the business for 19 years. If you have questions on vaccines, parasite control, proper diet, and the importance of spaying/neutering your dog or cat, send me a pm.
                Last edited by Nickintex; 01-16-2010, 02:57 AM.
                PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

so you can get pain killers?
                  I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Originally posted by myjohnson View Post
                    so you can get pain killers?
                    Not really.
                    PLECOS SUCK!

Comment

ketamine?
                      25g - Reef
                      3.5g - Surge Tank
                      10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

We offer solutions to indoor air & water quality issues like Austin Air, Airocide, Scalewatcher and Safety Siren. We also carry indoor air quality monitors.

The systems I'm used to working with would be composed of multiple inputs and outputs, both analog and digital. For an Aquarium it would consist of a closed loop filter system, controling the pump speed to maintain the flow rate setpoint, backwash the filter membrain when the differential pressure exceded maximum saetpoint, monitor amonia, nitrites & nitrates, and do water changes on high levels in addition to regular preset periods, maintain the tank water level by adding new water, inject dechlor with the new water & test for free chlorine, adjust flow rate of hot or cold water and / or regulating heaters depending on the tank temp setpoint & monitored temp, , monitor pH and add buffers as required, monitor hardness and add R/O water as required to maintain the hardness setpoint, trend all inputs, printout data on command and alarm on hi-hi or lo-lo levels. Also turn on lights, and other special effects as desired.
                        Last edited by PhishPhreek; 01-16-2010, 05:16 AM.
                        'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                        He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

I am a PDMS Administrator full time for an offshore engineering company. PDMS is a 3D modeling program used for the design of offshore platforms.

I am also a licensed real estate agent in Texas and could help anyone looking to buy a house.
                          150G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
                          125G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
                          115G Tanganyikan

Comment

Maybe, Traci can just add a "occupation" status or whatever word you guys want to use in our user profile.

Let the "occupation" be displayed along with all the other info under our avatar. This way people can all see what we....for those of us willing to disclose it anyhow.
                            I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Originally posted by cichlid1409 View Post
                              ketamine?
                              Don't even think about it!
                              PLECOS SUCK!

Comment

Little but more then that

But beside moving everyone tanks and moving aquarium equipment like snuggles.

I also do the following:

Construction
                                Build PC's
                                Fitness Training
                                A/V installs
                                Ladies
                                And whatever someone need!

Comment

Working...
                                X