Nikon D90!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikon D90!

Went home today and seen the box at my door!

Pictures to come as soon as I figure out the settings.
    I ate my fish that died.

baller

Comment

LOL, don't know about all that. Just got some much love for my fishes I had to get the camera.

You got a nice camera yourself sir!
      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Originally posted by myjohnson View Post
        LOL, don't know about all that. Just got some much love for my fishes I had to get the camera.

You got a nice camera yourself sir!
        But really don't know how to use it.... i need the book "dslr for dummies"
        dvmzqs.jpg

Comment

It's on now Lawyerman!

Comment

have fun thai!!

Comment

AUTO is not your friend
              300+RR (8-10 ft x 30"x30") - Waiting to find it... Lake Tanganyikan
              225RR (72"x24"Wx29"H) DSA - Lake Tanganyikan WC Murago
              210RR (60"x24"Wx32"H) AGE - Lake Tanganyikan WC IN PROGRESS
              160RR 1/2 cylinder (60"x30"Wx30"H) AGE - Altum Biotope IN PROGRESS
              90RR (36"x24"Wx25"H) NEO DSA - Rio Meta Biotope
              90RR (36"x24"Wx25"H) NEO DSA - Lake Valencia Biotope

Comment

auto works for us noobs
                Tropheus Elitist Maximus
                150 Troph & Petro mix Link
                ** P.Trewavasae P.F.Chimba P.M.green **
                ** T.Zongwe**

150 Tropheus Moorii "Murago" Link

Comment

Originally posted by gotticgs View Post
                  auto works for us noobs
                  yup

Comment

Donald you are going to have to help me with a lot of this stuff dude!

I settled with the 60/2.8 for macro and also plan on picking up a sb 600 as slave at the same time. Price for both of those would be the same was just the new 105/2.8 lens.

Actually, my brother gave me the nikon sb-26. Old school flash he doesn't use anymore.

Can I use this as a wireless slave for now?

What other hardware do I need to run wireless flash with either the sb 600, sb 900, and this cheap sb-26?
                    I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Shooting fish is like shooting football (except with less light and only about 2 yards of play). Try using shutter mode and try to keep the speed at 1 / focal length or my preference 1 / (focal length*crop factor).

In english, this means that using a 60mm lens, try to keep you shutter speed no slower than 1/60 and 1/90 (on Nikon DX model) is better. I don't know the crop factor for Canons.

Of course, even faster is better. And keep the eye in focus.

Comment

Originally posted by myjohnson View Post
                        Actually, my brother gave me the nikon sb-26. Old school flash he doesn't use anymore.

Can I use this as a wireless slave for now?

What other hardware do I need to run wireless flash with either the sb 600, sb 900, and this cheap sb-26?
                        If you shooting with the SB 600 as slave and the master is the D90, you don't need anything but line of sight for the IR detector. You basically change your menu controls to tell the camera it is the master, and change the menu on the flash to tell it is the slave.

I don't know anything about the SB-26. I bet it works, but may not meter.

Comment

Thanks D, I'm just going to drop the coin and get the SB 600 and the 60/2.8.

I still need to pick up some informational books to learn about this stuff. Any recommendations?
                          I ate my fish that died.

Comment

http://www.bythom.com/nikond90guide.htm

I have his book for my D200, and really enjoy it. It reads like a reference book but not overly "camera-speak". It offers recommendation for settings and better explains what the settings are actually doing (again without the camera speak). The other book I really like for photography is "Understanding Exposure".

I truly believe in learning through trial and error, but you still need a reference in order to get better at the skill versus making the same mistakes over and over.

Comment

Thanks a lot man!

I'm pick them up and do some reading.

I was going to take a photography class.

I got done with school and in a odd way I'm just missing it.
                              Last edited by myjohnson; 01-01-2010, 12:35 AM. Reason: sp
                              I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Working...
                              X