2010 Studs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Studs

Imported a pair of New Boys to improve my lines.

from Diamond_Aquatic in Thailand

from Fantacy Bettas Thailand
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

WOW!
    "The word superstar really turn me off and I tell you why because the word starrrrrrr, Man is an illusionnnnn" Bruce Lee

Comment

Without being too nosey, and I don't care for exact numbers, but what does a beautiful speicimen like that cost ..ball park?

They are magnificent...

CF
      Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Originally posted by CichlidFan View Post
        Without being too nosey, and I don't care for exact numbers, but what does a beautiful speicimen like that cost ..ball park?

They are magnificent...

CF
        Aquabid.com prices usually start around $20-30 per betta with a "buy it now" option about $5 higher. I really wanted a Pineapple DoubleTail male but he started out at min $35 and buy it now for $40 so I bid the minimum and the next day someone came along and wanted it more than me. We got in a bidding war and I gave up at $99. So these 2 I did the buy it now option.

Then it costs $5 each to ship them to a transhipper in the states who gets them past the Homeland Security people and rebags and ships them

You have 2 options for shipping. . .Express Mail (a 2 day delivery to your ZIP code), and Priority Mail (a 3 day delivery, but with no guaranteed delivery date).
        Express Mail: Import fees @ $1.20 per fish $3.60 / handling @ $2 per fish $6 / care and feeding for 1 fish for 2 weeks $2 / shipping box $5 / heat pack $2 / Express Mail $37 / total $55.60
        Priority Mail: Import fees @ $1.20 per fish $3.60 / handling @ $2 per fish $6 / care andf feeding for 1 fish for 2 weeks $2 / shipping box $5 / heat pack $2 / Priority Mail $22 / total $40.60

So these cost me about $65/ea It really is cheaper to buy them by the dozen. )
        Last edited by PhishPhreek; 12-10-2009, 05:30 PM.
        'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
        He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

nice fishes. i really like the first one. good buy.
          25g - Reef
          3.5g - Surge Tank
          10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

Oh....that's better than I thought....they really are quite impressive...
            Good Luck with your new stock....

CF
            Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Never seen such nice bettas
              Resident fish bum
              330G FOWLR
              34G Reef
              330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
              28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
              Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Beutiful fish...and I am not a big Betta guy.
                120g - Tropheus Moorii Kambwimba
                180g - Petrochromis Macrognathus Dine/Tropheus Moorii Namansi I

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains"....Winston Churchill

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm"....Winston Churchill

Comment

other than "Half-moon"...what is the hobby name given to those two bettas
                  250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

Originally posted by newb View Post
                    other than "Half-moon"...what is the hobby name given to those two bettas
                    The International Betta Society does not recogonize Betta "names" such as Dragon, mustard gass or salimander.

they recognize fin types and color vareiations (scrole to the bottom page)

The orange single tail male would be an A10 and the Red marble STM would be an A25

Last year I dominated the stm oranges and the DTF yellows and with a little luck I will do so again this spring;
                    Halfway through the 2009-2010 season I currently rank
                    HALFMOONS
                    A1 3rd
                    A3 4th
                    A11 3rd
                    A13 4th
                    A15 2nd
                    A17 6th
                    A20 2nd
                    A21 1st
                    A22 2nd
                    A24 1st
                    DOUBLETAILS
                    B3 3rd
                    B6 1st
                    B7 1st

My orange females have won best of show at the last two shows and with a little luck they will continue in the spring
                    I have a new spawn of crowntails x HM reds that may win in the C class this spring
                    but I do not raise Plakats (shortfined bettaqs) Class D
                    Last edited by PhishPhreek; 12-11-2009, 02:29 AM.

Comment

woahhh

these look cool...

nothing like the walmart ones...=)

Comment

Wayward Betta flys from Thailand to Texas City in 40 days
                        and boy are his fins tired.

When shipping fish, not everything goes as planned.
                        I bought this guy on Aquabid November 9th. Through a series of fauxpas he managed to get sidetracked but he arrived today in good health. (The last 6 days he was in a priority box between Colorado and TexasCity). I think he could have made it faster if he had just swam/swum over. I gave him a warm bath and a big meal and he's already flirting with my girls.
                        I should have some lovely Red Marble Bettas for the National Convention This comming summer.

1st spawn 12/29/09
                        Last edited by PhishPhreek; 12-30-2009, 11:36 PM.

Comment

very nice.
                          250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

Wow. Thank goodness he's a betta! That's a long time to be in a box.

He looks amazing.
                            "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Burbon & Aquabid is an expensive combination

fwbettashm1262263591.jpg
                              Sky Hawk - a dark bi-color OHM betta splendens

Comment

Working...
                              X