Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTB small tank(s) for kid's science project.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB small tank(s) for kid's science project.

My third grade son is doing a project for science fair.

I need two identical tank setups with

5 gallon or 10 gallon tank (both same size)
    heater
    filter

Both tanks have to be the same because of the nature of the experiment.

Let me know what you have. If I can't find identical setups, I will have to get new.

Thanks.
    Jarrod - Houston, Texas
    150 gallon - my African cichlid monster tank (I know it isn't a big as yours)
    17 gallon - Threadfin rainbows and corys lightly planted
    5 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder
    3 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder

I dont have any tanks, but if you need to buy new check out walmart. They have 10g setups for 35$ each (minus heaters i think)

Luck... What is the project if you dont mind me asking.

Comment

Here's the thread detailing the project:

Let's try to keep this one discussion-free. 8)

Thanks!
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

The ones at my Walmart did not include the heaters. $30 for a 5 gallon glass tank with hood, light, filter, and some other starter goodies. This is probably what we will do.

All the small heaters that I am finding are not adjustable. Can someone tell me where I can find a small adjustable heater at a retailer near the Galleria?
        Jarrod - Houston, Texas

Comment

Any pet store (PetSmart, Petco, LFSs, etc.) should have a couple 50W heaters that will be adjustable. That should be fine for the 5 gallons. :)
          "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I have 10g tanks, glass covers hob filters or air pumps & sponge filters, but no heaters, I may have lights but probly not any two the same. I prefer to use 4' flourescent shop lights (less than $10 with $1 bulbs)
            You may borrow them for free but I would like them back when the project is over. And I'd like the opportunity to submit the report to various fish magizines.
            'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
            He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

If you represent (or know of) magazine(s) that are interested, that will get him really excited about the project. He would love the idea of getting published.

I think we are set on buying to insure two identical setups and we found a relatively inexpensive all inclusive setup. We would be happy to share the report though.
              Jarrod - Houston, Texas

Comment

I worked on the staff of the American Livebearer Association last spring when they held their anual convention in SanAntonio and still have all the TFH contacts but I know the HAS publishes every quarter and exchanges articals with many other Aquarium Clubs. Contact Nancy, Im sure She would be interested in any well done research.
                Last edited by PhishPhreek; 12-09-2009, 02:58 AM.
                'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Working...
                X