Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long is 5.3OZ NLS 1mm cichlid formula pellets good for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long is 5.3OZ NLS 1mm cichlid formula pellets good for?

I got two of these containers about a year ago maybe more. Both have the seal removed from then just the tops on them and have been in cabnet's for this whole time in the dark. I just opened one of them up and it had some of the pellets clumpped up in balls and mildew mold was all over it guessing its no good. The other one has no clumps or mold smells good what do you all say to do? Who and where is the cheapest place to order if I get some more also? Thanks CD

I would chunk it out. I buy my NLS in the 5lb buckets and just store it in the fridge. keeps longer that way.
    250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

I am going to purchase new, interested in getting some Thera A and chichlid formula mixing it any opinions? I would get 1mm sinking pellets this is for my tropheus Ikola. Thanks CD

Comment

Originally posted by newb View Post
        I would chunk it out. I buy my NLS in the 5lb buckets and just store it in the fridge. keeps longer that way.
        +1
        I'm with Randall...chunk it all out. I wouldn't chance my Trophs getting sick on because I was too cheap to buy some fresh food. I'm not saying that you're being cheap but I'm just making a point.... that why feed them something that may make them sick when you know before hand that Trophs already have a somewhat sensitive diet. Plus, who wants to go through all the treating for bloat if the food does make them sick? It's just not worth it to me....chunk the old food and buy some fresh food.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Derrick View Post
          I am going to purchase new, interested in getting some Thera A and chichlid formula mixing it any opinions? I would get 1mm sinking pellets this is for my tropheus Ikola. Thanks CD
          This should be fine. As a matter of fact, I havn't seen a fish yet that didn't like NLS.

Comment

Dont feed that mold stuff, and anything that looks suspecious.

What you should do is purchase a 5lb tub and keep in the freezer. Then get a smaller container and fill that one from the 5lb tub like every week or so. This will help keep the contaimination down.
            380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
            300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
            180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
            150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

Originally posted by geoff_tropheus View Post
              keep in the freezer.
              you keep yours in the Freezer and not the fridge???
              250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

both
                380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
                300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
                180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
                150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

Working...
                X