X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe

Originally posted by newb View Post
    Oh my lord Im drooling over this tank.

it looks you can drool and eat with it in a new restaurant east of Houston! we'll see if my potential buyer comes through this evening. He's improved on his Craigslist offer - - i'll keep you posted.

Comment

:(
      380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
      300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
      180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
      150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

another

Originally posted by geoff_tropheus View Post
        :(
        truly if we need to find another, my department head's husband bought a giant tank, moved it to their new house, and never used it. the other day she said she has to entertain around it and it doesn't make her very happy....

Comment

is it acrylic?

Comment

i'd say it didn't go so well - - here's what happened:
            buyer comes to the house last night and sees a mark on the tank - he gives me half down and said to add about three inches of water and he'll bring the rest of the money and movers today. last night i put water in the tank and when i got up this morning there was water beaded up at the mark on the outside of the tank. that killed the deal.
            there's 3 photos of the crack here:

photo 1 - the crack is in the center of the photo
            photo 2 - up close from the outside
            photo 3 - inside, taken from above

i'm still getting over it but starting to learn about what i should do - - any and all advice is welcome.

i've also a couple of videos from earlier in this project - looks like i need to add another one . these are easy to recognize at my youtube channel:
            Share your videos with friends, family, and the world

video 3 will have to wait until i can discuss it without whining :)

did i know the crack was there? it was a white mark that was annoying me while i was getting the tank ready for craigslist photos but i just didn't want to focus on it.
            this tank was for saltwater last - about a year ago i had somebody drain it and gave them the live rock and a little money - it probably happened then.
            bleh

Comment

you would think a piece of acrylic and some weldon would seal it, wont be pretty but may work. May want to post on Marshreef to see what they think,
              they have more experience with acrylic.
              Last edited by Cesar; 12-10-2009, 01:53 PM.

Comment

I would think the entire piece would have to be repalced and they may even have to take a 1" off from the height to make sure.

I hate to hear about the leak/crack. Definately was a very good idea of the buyer to check that.

I think they would weld it in place, then sand it, but having it at the bottom where the pressure would be greatest and highest volume amount of leak (entire tank) may not be worth the risk.

Comment

I agree with Cesar. A little bit of acrylic cement will seal it just fine. It will hold but it wouldn't look as spectacular as before though.

Comment

sorry Geoff, looks like you're being limited to just two 300 gallon tanks
                    ‎Haiku's are easy
                    But sometimes they don't make sense
                    Refrigerator

Comment

you know what i think?? i think i want to just use a marine seal and test it myself - - i'm sure that's just me doing what i want instead of getting the house ready to sell like i shoud - lol

i was thinking freshwater stingrays on sand like i saw not too long ago in the store on 59 @ kirby - - did anyone else see that? it was soo cool.

oh yeah - this isn't supposed to be for discussion - this is supposed to be for selling things and mine sure not for sale anymore.

Comment

yeah, someone on here bought those rays and I think they've since died for some reason. lots of discussion about them recently here and on monsterfishkeepers.com. wish I had the room... not really, I'd just use it for my petros! :)

Comment

Working...
                        X