Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rookie Mistake!!

Man......

Today has sucked so far. I set up my 10g breeding tank with my Daffodil Brichardi last night around 4am and i put about 15 fry and the two adults in the tank. I sat in the room for nearly 2 hours after it was set up and everything was fine. Then around 7:30 this morning i woke up with a bad feeling so i went in the fish room and found 10g of water all over the floor and my Brichardi floppin around for dear life. I immediately put them in the 125g and so far they seem to be doing ok. (hopefully they dont die from stress). The fry were not so lucky. :icon_hang: My XBOX 360 was sitting in the water as was all my guitar equipment. I havent tried to see if any of it works yet cuz i'm terrified of the possible bad news.
    The moral of the story is: ALWAYS CHECK TO MAKE SURE YOU ARENT SETTING UP A LEAKER TANK!!

........rookie mistake.......
    If it ain't wild caught
    You ain't doing it right

That sucks. Just give the electronics plenty of time to dry out beefore you try turning it on. Was it plugged in when it got wet?

Comment

awh man...this sucks...sorry to hear about this
      380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
      300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
      180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
      150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

That sucks!
        300g - Petrochromis Texas "Red Fin" Longola, Petrochromis Red Bulu, Tropheus Red Rainbow Kansanga.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldsgirl View Post
          That sucks. Just give the electronics plenty of time to dry out beefore you try turning it on. Was it plugged in when it got wet?
          +1
          Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
          Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
          Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
          Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Oh, no! That's terrible. I'm sorry. At least you were able to save the parents. :(
            "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

no way...does Nicole know yet???
              250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

dude, I got a 10 gallon you can have if you come get it.
                250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

who sold you a busted tank man!?
                  I ate my fish that died.

Comment

+1
                    Resident fish bum
                    330G FOWLR
                    34G Reef
                    330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                    28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                    Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

man..that sucks..
                      but think this way...on the lucky side..at least it was a 10g....not like 100g or something..
                      hope that can make u feel a little better man...

Comment

yes newb Nicole knows...lol.....i was not thrilled but it didnt mess up my wood floors so i am okay, Rhett on the other hand was pretty mad
                        I love my baby girl!

Comment

I got the tank from the GHAC auction. I cant be mad, I only paid $3 for it and its my fault for not testing it first. I dont think i'm gonna be setting up another breeding tank for a while.
                          I'm glad it was only 10g and not way more than that. I'm actually thinking of a way to get my amp and my guitar up off the ground in case my 125g ever decided to leak....
                          If it ain't wild caught
                          You ain't doing it right

Comment

dude that sucks man.

but like madugo said, atleast it wasnt your 125.
                            that would have flooded half the house.

i think like a rectangular 2x4 base with 2 2x4's going up in a point and and rest the guitar on that.
                            somewhat like a guitar stand.

and a 2x4 square for you amp.
                            FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

If you had any salt in the water you are probably better off rinsing your stuff really well with distilled water and then letting it dry. And make sure it is completely dry inside before powering it on.

If you have the wall space, I used to hang my guitars on the wall by the neck. Home Depot sells padded u shaped hooks with a large screw on the back. I think they were maybe 2 bucks each. Just make sure you screw into a stud for stability. Depending on how big your amp is, adding wheels makes it easy to move around and keeps it off the floor.
                              135 gal Fahaka Puffer
                              150 gal Threadfin Acaras, Angels, Red Spotted Severum, Gold Severum, and a Silver Dollar
                              185 gal Demasoni, Yellow Labs, Venustus, Rustys, Plecos, Clown Loaches, and Sharks

Comment

Working...
                              X