• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok
    Resident fish bum
    330G FOWLR
    34G Reef
    330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
    28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
    Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

i'm builting a led array for coral right now. Just ordered all the junk i needed, now I just have to get them in and wire them up.

Should be usable for coral, sps even. I'll take pics of the build
      Last edited by soymilk; 02-14-2010, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Please do!

I been debating this for a while also.

I don't have experience with welding so I'm hesitant to pull the trigger.

Also, Nanotuners just came out with some cool LED stuff for nano/bio cubes.
        I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Originally posted by jeebus View Post
          Are LEDs "dimmable"?
          if you build a fixture yourself you can use a potentiometer to dim. this is especially cool when you have blue and white on seperate power supplies so that way you can get the color mixture you want and you can simulate dawn/dusk like a nanocube

Comment

http://ledsupply.com/wired-buckpuck.php

Link to driver with potentiometer, anyone else wanna be a guinea pig with me?

Comment

here's another how to guide. This one uses the MW powersupply/driver (no dimming) unless you wanna jack with it.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...ght=led+lights

Comment

Theres some sweet t5 sized led bulb strips out there, but so is the price. But i think leds are the safest and the future of lighting.
                75gal reef aka the $$$$ pit.

Comment

Saw their Panorama fixture in person the other day, and WOW. An amazing light.

They've got a lot of links on there to many forum posts and threads talking about their lights.

While browsing around their site, found this article mentioned. Kinda funny, except for the accidents part.

Wasn't sure where to put this post, so feel free to move it somewhere else if you want. I don't browse the SW section much, so I don't really know which thread to post in.
                  "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Thanks for the info MB!
                    I ate my fish that died.

Comment

those are really sweet! except for the price tag...ouch!
                      25g - Reef
                      3.5g - Surge Tank
                      10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

i heard those work pretty good for supplemental lightning. They are the cheaper 1w leds. The leds all the DIY'ers are using the 3w leds. Suppose to be alot more lumens and par output.

the leds are pricey but ... not having to change out bulbs for years is a big plus

Comment

Yeah, they are the LEDs with less wattage, but I love that they have the 453nm, 406nm, etc. It's refreshing to know these guys have the hobby in mind. Plus, I mean, I don't have $650 to spend, but if you compare them to some of the other LED hoods out there, thats not bad at all. And the LED modules in there are...well, slick. :) It looks really well-put-together.

I'm really thinking about the Stunners, though.
                          "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Affordable LED Lighting for Growers and Makers. Build your own high quality LED lights using name brand parts at an affordable price. Minimal knowledge required.

Nice DIY LED pack.....for those interested.
                            I ate my fish that died.

Comment

i just finished making a light for my friend.

He's running 4 red crees and 2 royal blue, running at max 700ma. I have to say those suckers are bright!

BTW... if you guys get a chance to, drop by FJW Aquarium. Dennis has a plasma light on display. That thing blows MH away! If they make the bulbs a little cooler color tempeture, i'm in! Imagine a bulb the size of a tic tac, producing as much light as a 400w metal halide (prob more). Doesn't run as hot, bulb last 3-7 years and only uses about 200 watts.

Last edited by soymilk; 03-29-2010, 05:46 PM.

Comment

dont know if you guys seen this yet but its sweeter than leds. http://glassbox-design.com/2009/eco-...hes-aquariums/
                                75gal reef aka the $$$$ pit.

Comment

Working...
                                X