No announcement yet.

Clown fish and Sea Anomone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If i were to do a 29 gallon clown tank for low maintinace, i would do a pair of true perculas, and a larger green bubble tip anemone. After the cycle i would purchase the anemone and let it settle in, as they tend to move to where they choose. Once settled i would add in corals if you want.

As far as set-up, i would drill it to a sump to get more water volume as well as refugium and place to hide equip. I would use either 4x24watt t5-ho or 1x150watt halide. I would do about 40lbs of live rock, and same for sand. Also a good, GOOD, protein skimmer.

Be very weary on powerheads, they sometimes like to get in them and get injured.
    Got Dovii??? I do!!!

Comment

Elos mini!
      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffcustom View Post
        If i were to do a 29 gallon clown tank for low maintinace, i would do a pair of true perculas, and a larger green bubble tip anemone. After the cycle i would purchase the anemone and let it settle in, as they tend to move to where they choose. Once settled i would add in corals if you want.

As far as set-up, i would drill it to a sump to get more water volume as well as refugium and place to hide equip. I would use either 4x24watt t5-ho or 1x150watt halide. I would do about 40lbs of live rock, and same for sand. Also a good, GOOD, protein skimmer.

Be very weary on powerheads, they sometimes like to get in them and get injured.
        gotta +1 that shizzle
        25g - Reef
        3.5g - Surge Tank
        10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

Ok so I have come up with the plan to get one it will be a few months but I think this will work. Ok so oneoff I will be calling on you to help me set this up. thanks for the advice
          Resident fish bum
          330G FOWLR
          34G Reef
          330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
          28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
          Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Oh what is the difference between true and false perculas? I looked them up and they look the same.
            Resident fish bum
            330G FOWLR
            34G Reef
            Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Originally posted by Darbex View Post
              Oh what is the difference between true and false perculas? I looked them up and they look the same.
              25g - Reef
              3.5g - Surge Tank
              10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

Sweet thanks
                Resident fish bum
                330G FOWLR
                34G Reef
                Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Brian, you want an Elos tank man.

I'll start working on the divorce papers now. )
                  I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Dude thats like 2G for a 50G. I will for sure be divorced. The JBJ is only 500 for the 29G
                    Resident fish bum
                    330G FOWLR
                    34G Reef
                    Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Looks sweet though. Want to give me some money?
                      Resident fish bum
                      330G FOWLR
                      34G Reef
                      Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Do it man! clowns are cool. When I did a fish only tank with them a loooooooooooooooog time ago, they were freaking tough to kill. That's back when I didn't know anything.
                        "The word superstar really turn me off and I tell you why because the word starrrrrrr, Man is an illusionnnnn" Bruce Lee

Comment

The reason i suggested true percs is because in my expiriance they tend to host faster than ocelaris clowns. Ocelaris may or may not host as most that you will find in hobby are tank bred. True percs usually get scooped from wild and have that instinct to host. Fact mine hosted a torch coral and frogspawn and even hammer coral. I have seen them host several others as well.

Now just as a side note when i said i would do a gbta, you will want your tank a little better than just cycled. Nems like established tanks and if you rush it, money down the drain. Key to salt is extreme patience and lots and lots of husbandry (not that you dont know that). Two major rules to live by in reef tanks is buy good 1 time and be extremely patient. Wait for the cycle to fully end. Gbta seems to be one of the hardier kept nems in the trade. In terms of ease though, like i said you could do a nice torch coral, and the clown will host it.

Also if my years in salt and more years of reading about salt water can be of any help, feel free to ask. What good does it do not to pass on the knowledge with others to grow the hobby.
                          Got Dovii??? I do!!!

Comment

thanks
                            Resident fish bum
                            330G FOWLR
                            34G Reef
                            Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

I would look into a RBTA... same as the GBTA but the red is soo much nicer! Also with the clowns there are also the black and white percs or even the Onyx or Picasso's.

Like the others have stated... patience is a must and with the Anemone's they require a stable and established environment if not they will not be happy and eventually die.
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I will hit you all up as I get closer for info
                                Resident fish bum
                                330G FOWLR
                                34G Reef
                                Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Working...
                                X