red bump....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red bump....

One of my geophagus heckillis have a red bump under his mouth that has progressively gotten bigger over the past week. its like a pimple/blister/red bump...i have no clue what it is...i cant really get a pic of it...any ideas?
    I make people happy

Does the red bump sometimes have something white sticking out?
    I ate my fish that died.

Comment

If no white sticking out then I think its like a bacterial disorder. I think aeromonas bacteria and/or pseudomonas bacteria can cause these blister looking like patches.

I read on the koi forums that "Koi Fix" can be used to cure it. Personally, I would use teracycline to cure it. I have use that stuff in the pass and it fights off almost any bacterial disorder or infection.
      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

i think it might have white sticking out sometimes..i cant really remember but that seems to jog my memory...
        I make people happy

Comment

If your fishes has a big pimple and and some white sticks out then the fishes has worms. I think it's called anchorworm but can't say for sure unless I see the fish in real life or you post a decent picture of it.

Just use any medication that kills worms and your fish should be fine. Note, the sooner the better b/c it can spread and get worse.
          I ate my fish that died.

Comment

should i put him in a QT?
            I make people happy

Comment

i didnt see any white but it has bubbled up and seems to be two bumps right next to each other now....
              I make people happy

Comment

I found this thread a few months ago, and the information in it is outstanding. It has the best diagnostic pictures I have ever seen. It's originally in Spanish, but the link will automatically translate it into English. You may be able to find a picture that matches what your fish has which can aid in diagnosing. Then you'll have a better idea of how to treat the fish.

Warning! This thread has a LOT of GRAPHIC pictures.

Vicki

• 90g Planted - Journal - New Pics Mar23
                • 75g Planted - Journal (on PT)
                • 29g Planted - Journal
                • 29g Planted
                • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

Originally posted by mark razmandi View Post
                  should i put him in a QT?
                  If you decide to treat him you should QT him.

From the picture is doesn't look to bad. Might want to wait another week to see if he can recover on his own.

Does he act different at all?

Do you see it getting to other fishes?
                  I ate my fish that died.

Comment

just on him, he eats like a pig....acts fine..... its gotten bigger all week though...the tank is currently being treated for ich. im on the last leg of treatment, ive already been treating for a week
                    I make people happy

Comment

Working...
                    X