Help with snails, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with snails, please

I have a GSP that I would like to feed snails. I have 3 mystery snails from petsmart. I have them in a seperate tank right now but I was wondering how to breed them? Do I need to do anything special? Will my ebjd fry eat the snail eggs, or do I need to keep them in there own tank? Do I need a planted tank or will they live off of extra good food droped in the tank? Thanks for the help in advance.

Sent from iPhone.

--I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
    -Stephen Roberts

Find someone with pond or ramshorn snails. overfeed them and they will explode in population. I have some to start you off if you like but I think i am far. Im sure someone closer would have some

Comment

So I should have them in there own tank? Dose it need to be filtered. Or cab I use like a fish bowl?

--I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
      -Stephen Roberts

Comment

Fish bowl works fine for snails.
        Vicki

• 90g Planted - Journal - New Pics Mar23
        • 75g Planted - Journal (on PT)
        • 29g Planted - Journal
        • 29g Planted
        • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

I got a ton of pond an ram snails...if you want some, just pay for shipping, I'll give em to ya..
          BEWARE Guard GUPPIES On Duty!

Comment

If you find yourself in the Houston area (290 and 610) any time soon, I could give you a few pond snails.
            Trogdor was a man. Or maybe he was a dragon man. Or maybe he was just a dragon. But he was still TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!

You know, fish are great. I love my fish. But what I really want is a monkey.

Comment

My gsp has trouble eating rams horn he just picks out the snail and doesnt eat the shell.no help for his teeth.petco lets me get snails from there tanks where they keep there plants and the lfs just gives me a bunch kinda helps them out if u take them.guess there pond snails real small and have a softer shell for him to crack

Comment

I have mystery snails I could give ya. If you lower the water on your tank the almost always breed. I had some that just hatched, they should be an edible size soon.

Comment

Working...
                X