trippy pest snail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trippy pest snail

In preparation for an Indian dwarf puffer (if I can eventually find one), I've been encouraging a population of pest snails in its future tank. They are certainly obliging, but I noticed something interesting.

These snails will occasionally swing their shell around 90° two or three times. How cool is that? Does anyone know what the heck these are called? I'd like to find out a bit more about them before the agent of their doom is found and placed in their tank.
    Trogdor was a man. Or maybe he was a dragon man. Or maybe he was just a dragon. But he was still TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!

You know, fish are great. I love my fish. But what I really want is a monkey.

My pond snails do that...google just plain old regular "pond snail" and see if the images you find are the same as what you have.
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

That is exactly what they look like. Thanks!
      Trogdor was a man. Or maybe he was a dragon man. Or maybe he was just a dragon. But he was still TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!

Comment

Glad to help!

I have NO idea why they do that! I was actually watching one just yesterday doing that. I have a fry tank (newly set up) and recently threw some pond snails in there to get the extra food, since I have to feed them so often. Well, yesterday I threw in some more snails, and noticed that one had some very long poop on the way out, lol. Then it started doing that crazy dance for about 2 whole minutes. I thought maybe it was trying to dislodge the poop? But that's just a guess, as I've seen them do it hundreds of times and never noticed poop before. Who knows? :) Whatever the reason, it didn't succeed, and when I left the tank the poop was still there.

Comment

I am going to have to watch for poop the next time I see this happen.

(This hobby makes one a very strange person, doesn't it?)

Comment

I'm just glad you didn't judge me for talking about poop!

Comment

Originally posted by Mzungu View Post
              Glad to help!
              U
              I have NO idea why they do that! I was actually watching one just yesterday doing that. I have a fry tank (newly set up) and recently threw some pond snails in there to get the extra food, since I have to feed them so often. Well, yesterday I threw in some more snails, and noticed that one had some very long poop on the way out, lol. Then it started doing that crazy dance for about 2 whole minutes. I thought maybe it was trying to dislodge the poop? But that's just a guess, as I've seen them do it hundreds of times and never noticed poop before. Who knows? :) Whatever the reason, it didn't succeed, and when I left the tank the poop was still there.
              U got way too many free time to watch ur snail poop (very long one) and dance

Comment

Okay...clickclickclickclickclickclick...

)

Comment

Working...
                X