• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T. Moorii Mbita Island Video

[youtube]iN-uRtPy04c[/youtube]

UPDATE: 09/23/09

[YOUTUBE]dfUSHAPagzo[/YOUTUBE]

Fine, But I refuse to take anymore unless I get a good camera. [frustrated]

2nd pic from the last, is the female that is holding.

And no they don't have orange like Moops.

They have been schooling a lot more with the powerheads to one side, and the driftwood gone, lots of room to swim!
    Last edited by aggrofishkeeper; 09-23-2009, 09:56 AM.

not a lot of schooling in that colony huh
    250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

Good looking fishes! I'm thinking you need more flow to get them moving. Have you seen much breeding action?

Comment

A lot of breeding action and grazing. They don't school, don't know why...

I'm going to try to move both powerheads to 1 side of the tank and see what happens.

Comment

Do they all eat?
          I ate my fish that died.

Comment

They all eat, very aggressively too.

I moved the other powerhead to the other side of the tank and they seem more active.

There is still this big son of a ***** that chills in this little corner and doesn't interact with the rest of the group. I don't notice if he eats or not but he attacks things that flow by him that look like food, and when one of the others come mess with him he attacks them....Weird guy, he is probably the biggest one.

I don't think they have all completely settled in yet.
            Last edited by aggrofishkeeper; 09-15-2009, 12:54 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't worry to much about them not schooling. They need time to settle down.

I would watch the fish that's not eating. Make sure he eats. Make sure they all eat.
              I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Ok, no white stringy poo yet.

Comment

Sometime stringy white poo never even shows up, even when they are sick.

Did you get a chance to test the water yet?
                  I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Originally posted by myjohnson View Post
                    Sometime stringy white poo never even shows up, even when they are sick.

Did you get a chance to test the water yet?
                    I lost the paper/instructions to my test kit.

Can you pm me the instructions for ammonia, nitirate?

I changed the water saturday doing 50% and adding 1tsp/10g of epsom salt.

But they are all eating, and grazing so I'm not in the worrying stage yet. I've been mostly just enjoying them.
                    Last edited by aggrofishkeeper; 09-15-2009, 01:14 PM.

Comment

I just bought some HBH Veggie flakes and another Eheim auto feeder and a API master FW test kit,

I plan to feed 2x NLS cichlid formula 1mm = 1tsp. And 2x HBH Veggie flake = 1tsp feeding is over at 9pm lights go off at 12AM.

Will test the water and report back.

Starting to see the schooling effect with both powerheads to 1 side of the tank.

Update:

Water parameters:

Ammonia: 0
                      Nitrite: 0
                      Nitrate: 10
                      High Range PH: 8

It's been 4 days since my water change. Will do another 50% on Wednesday.
                      Last edited by aggrofishkeeper; 09-15-2009, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Dont worry about any schooling.

Your Tropheus are fine, not all Tropheus school. They are a common site to see them in the wild doing so, at the time of day when they are feeding. Its a overrun and capture feeding territory. Otherwise they maintain individual breeding territories up to 6ft in diameter. So I would not worry about that schooling or not schooling.

Your 130 gallon tank has plenty of flow. 2-1300 gph powerheads, a MAG 18 driven wetdry rated for 300 gallon tank, Fluval FX5 canister, and a aqua clear 70 HOB. IS WAY PLENTY!!! Your about 40:1 in water turnover. You're in great shape.

I would keep watching your Ammonia and Nitrite in your tank because your water does look a little cloudy in the video. Anytime you add 20plus fishes and feed them 4X a day, it is going to impact your bacteria production.

What lighting are you using?

Tank decoration looks nice man, those are going to be some sweet fishes!!
                        Last edited by geoff_tropheus; 09-15-2009, 09:38 PM.
                        380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
                        300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
                        180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
                        150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

I used a iphone camera to film this. So the video doesn't do the tank and the fish justice. Ask Peter I'm pretty sure he will tell you my water is clear.

The lighting is Odyssea 48'' T6 2x54watt 12K bulbs.

The quality of the video went really bad when I uploaded it to photobucket it turned it into a .flv format.

Thanks Geoff! :)
                          Last edited by aggrofishkeeper; 09-15-2009, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Jason,

You feeding them that much now or you slowly increasing over time?
                            I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Originally posted by myjohnson View Post
                              Jason,

You feeding them that much now or you slowly increasing over time?
                              I slowly increased it till this much. Even then 2 tsp of food a day is very little considering 1tsp of it is low in animal protein veggie flakes. And the 2 veggie flake servings are the last 2, so no high animal protein before night night.

Before I was feeding 2x a day about 1tsp.

Comment

Working...
                              X