The Unibrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Unibrow

This is what we lovingly refer to as "The Unibrow".

Our fahaka puffer doesn't like having his water changed unless my arm is in the tank and he is having a belly rub during it. Today, I was multitasking so couldn't stand at the tank and cater to him. So he did what he does when he doesn't like what's going on....sits on the bottom and has a unibrow. He does the same when he sees a net, or doesn't get a clam for dinner. Seriously.

Our Fishhouse
    Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

That is too funny!
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

thats great lol!
      FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

Talk about personality! How old is he? He looks pretty big.

FF

Comment

Originally posted by FIREFISH View Post
          Talk about personality! How old is he? He looks pretty big.

FF
          He has more personality than any fish I've ever met! It's really amazing. I don't know how old he is because he was pretty big when we got him...he's about 10 inches long and we've had him for several months, but not yet a year. But I will admit that his size is probably mostly my fault...he doesn't ever go hungry. )
          Our Fishhouse

Comment

is that Homer? I just just imagine him going, "mmmmm.........mussels...arrgghhh."
            he looks great btw
            ‎Haiku's are easy
            But sometimes they don't make sense
            Refrigerator

Comment

Yep! That's my Homer! I just told him you said he looks great...he said he knows. Modesty isn't really his strong-suit.

He definitely says, "Mmmmm...clams are gooooood....", but I haven't given him mussels in a while, so I can't really remember his reaction to them. )
              Our Fishhouse

Comment

he is neat looking, how big do those get, i would love to have puffers, but only have a 135 long, plus am getting new fish for it on friday........where could i buy one?
                Soon to have tanks up and going again!

Comment

I think Homer is just about max'ed out. They get around 10" to 12". I know that Houston Aquarium Warehouse had a couple last week, and I think Fish Ranch II has some in. You can also check Aquabid.com...occasionally I see them listed there.
                  Our Fishhouse

Comment

That is one cool fish. Have you ever feed it live crawfish?
                    "The word superstar really turn me off and I tell you why because the word starrrrrrr, Man is an illusionnnnn" Bruce Lee

Comment

No...seems a little too brutal for me. Plus I'm not sure how he'd react...the first time we put some guppies in with him, they freaked him out and he went all 'unibrow' until I took them out. )
                      Our Fishhouse

Comment

Originally posted by imagirlgeek View Post
                        I think Homer is just about max'ed out. They get around 10" to 12". I know that Houston Aquarium Warehouse had a couple last week, and I think Fish Ranch II has some in. You can also check Aquabid.com...occasionally I see them listed there.
                        so just one per tank, or could I do more than that? it is a 135 gallon.....so....

Comment

It is 100% not recommended to put 2 Fahaka puffers in the same tank. We don't put anything in with Homer that we don't want him to eat.
                          Our Fishhouse

Comment

so just one per tank, or could I do more than that? it is a 135 gallon.....so....

Comment

It is 100% not recommended to put 2 Fahaka puffers in the same tank. We don't put anything in with Homer that we don't want him to eat.
                              how fast do they grow?

Comment

Working...
                              X