X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtb shop lights

anyone got any? 48" or 96".
    fishless

What exactly are you looking for and how much are you looking to spend?
    So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

anything like this. they are $10 at homedepot. just wanted to see if anyone had some here they want to give away or sell cheap.

fishless

Comment

I think Wal-Mart has them for cheaper than that.
        So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

yeah, rico the ones for $10 at home depot HAVE TO BE HUNG FROM THE CEILING!
          i work there i know this for a fact, not to mention i bought one and found out the hard way.
          the reason they have to be ceiling mounted is because the reflecter doesnt complety cove and overhang the bulbs.

the ones from walmart come with a on/off switch, which the home depot one doesnt.
          and they can be placed right ontop of the tank.
          they are only $14.88.
          i know this because i also bought one from walmart.:)
          Last edited by TaTeR ToT; 08-01-2009, 12:46 PM.
          FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

the 8ft shoplights with the reflectors are gunna run you around $75-100+.
            and you have to install the powercord and ground wire yourself, again i no these things because i work at Home Depot.

btw, any shoplight you are going to hang, MUST BE SCREWED DIRECTLY INTO A STUD WITH EACH SCREW!

otherwise it will just come crashing down and bring alot of sheetrock with it.
            FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

Originally posted by TaTeR ToT View Post

btw, any shoplight you are going to hang, MUST BE SCREWED DIRECTLY INTO A STUD WITH EACH SCREW!

otherwise it will just come crashing down and bring alot of sheetrock with it.
              Thats incorrect, you can use butterfly nuts, Drywall anchors or similar such devices and they will support the weight of a shoplight no problem.

Rico, I have maybe 6 shoplights that were bought about 6 months ago, $30 for the 6. Only problem is that I live in Willis, 34 Miles north of Beltway 8. I can meet you during the week at beltway 8/ I45 north.

Comment

i got on that fit over my 75 gallon ill trade ya for somethin

Comment

im going to drill these under my fish tank rack. anything will do because i can make it work.
                  fishless

Comment

Originally posted by Brownsnoutuk View Post
                    Thats incorrect, you can use butterfly nuts, Drywall anchors or similar such devices and they will support the weight of a shoplight no problem.

Rico, I have maybe 6 shoplights that were bought about 6 months ago, $30 for the 6. Only problem is that I live in Willis, 34 Miles north of Beltway 8. I can meet you during the week at beltway 8/ I45 north.
                    i want them. what size?
                    fishless

Comment

4ft.

Comment

that will work
                        fishless

Comment

Working...
                        X