Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bichir!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love My Monsters!:evil:

Wow I am super jealous! That is a nice P. e. endlicheri. How big is he/she?
    -Laura-

Comment

what up Spence. That endlicherie's lookin mean.
      ‎Haiku's are easy
      But sometimes they don't make sense
      Refrigerator

Comment

Thanks!
        I love him and call him Ted.
        When I got him he wasn't even 3 inches. That was about three months ago. Now he's about 7 inches long. Maybe more.
        I'm really suprised at how much he has thickened up. He's getting close to garden hose thickness

Comment

Thanks Steve,
          He's not just looking it. He's living it . He's one agressive *******.
          I never thought he would swim that fast but his attack speed is insane.
          Totally suprising. He loves to stalk and kill.
          It's what he does :)

I need to post some pics of my jag. when I got him not even two months ago he was barely past and inch . He's almost 4 inches now. and getting mean.
          I call him Richard Ramirez

Comment

Got one of those. Bichirs are cool. They resemble prehistoric Mosasaurs.
            PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

I LOVE them! Bichirs are my favorite fish. I think they look like wingless water dragons.
              -Laura-

Comment

Agreed. He is very curious to watch. Definitely has a big personality. have never owned a bichir before and am fairly new to the hobby.
                Definitely my favorite though. I plan to get more in the future. Maybe just have tanks full of em

Comment

What do you feed yours? All my bichirs (I have 4 different species and one albino variant) enjoy Hikari Massivore delight (as well as the other Hirkari carnivorous fish pellets), shrimp pellets, frozen table shrimp and squid. I refrain from live foods to avoid parasites and disease being intoduced into the tank. Thier tankmates are Asian climing perch, common plecos, and a Raphael catfish.
                  PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

so spencer, when you gonna get that monster a 6 footer.
                    ‎Haiku's are easy
                    But sometimes they don't make sense
                    Refrigerator

Comment

I'm working on it steve. lol
                      Actually had plans of getting a 125 oceanic I saw in like two months. already have it budgeted out.
                      Trying to get a 75 gallon for my community soon after.
                      I thought about getting a custom tank built too. Already got a qoute from that email address you gave me. But I think I'll get these other two first and then maybe have them make me a monster.
                      HEy btw, Have you ever heard of a king kong puffer? or what about a orange saddled back puffer. Saw these at my LFS and weren't sure about what the hell they were or if the were fresh or brackish

Nick.
                      Actually my bichir ate pellets for the first time last night. Hasn't eaten any before and just decided he would try it. Cheap stuff too. not even name brand.
                      Before then
                      nothing but live food. I have a good local minnow shop that I was getting minnows from and they seem to be healthy. lots of feeder goldfish that I quarintine for a few days before feeding.
                      And usually about every other week or so. I'll grab a bag of 50 or so ghost shrimp and just dump them in. He lives with cichlids though so they really clean up on the shrimp. but he gets a good number.
                      And earthworms. He totally chomped a few down the other day. I love how much his belly bulges when he eats.
                      I'm going to try mealworms as they might go down easier then whole earthworms.
                      he loves stalking and killing fish though. I can't deny him that. i think it really makes him happy and not so aggressive towards my other tank mates.
                      As long as i keep him fed

Comment

Oh and i forgot to mention he won't eat dead things.
                        If it was live and died he wont touch it. Dying fish . already dead goldfish ..(when my jaguar bites their heads off, and then just eats the heads and sometimes just leaves the bodies. I call him richard ramirez- aka the night stalker) or anything. Wont eat frozen shrimp. he likes things to be alive. he doesnt scavenge anything. but lasst nioght he ate pellets so who knows. to date though. no dead things....

Comment

he looks like frankenfish ahh jk he looks great :)

Comment

Working...
                          X