Keeping Tropheus Tanks cool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping Tropheus Tanks cool

OK so I come back home and the garage thermometer is showing 102 F!!!! so I panic and started the WC slowly, the T's were on fire! very active like I never seen them before; I guess the high temp got them going!
    I just finished installing the chiller and adjusted the them to 77~78 so tonight they will sleep very well I hope! I also did not feed them just to make sure nothing goes bad and added epson salt just in case.
    My wife thinks I am obsessed with my Tropheus I wonder why ?
    Cheers,
    Navarro
    Last edited by geoff_tropheus; 07-29-2009, 01:21 PM. Reason: Search Engine Hit

I would be watchful of them over the next few days. Lots of times, I have seen where the eye will get cloudy when the temperature gets high, and then drops down colder.

Use Erythromycin
    380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
    300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
    180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
    150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

102 F!!!!

wow that's high. They are going to love you for that chiller.

The tank in my house sits at 84 degrees. I put a fan over the wet/dry and plug it in with the light timer. Cools it down a good amount. Most the time the tank is sitting at 81 now.

Maybe you might want to install and fan so the chiller doesn't have to run all day.
      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

I'm jealous. What kind of chiller did you get? Drop in probe or in-line?
        Last edited by jeebus; 06-24-2009, 10:18 PM.
        Experiencing an aquatic renaissance!

Comment

The garage was at 102 not the water the water was only 88 pretty high no
          matter what. The chiller is a Hamilton in line with a digital thermostat built in.
          The fish are fine and I made sure the temp didn't drop that quick regardless I will keep an eye on the fish
          The good thing about us plant people is that we keep erythromycyne.
          Cheers,
          Luis

Comment

Originally posted by jeebus View Post
            I'm jealous. What kind of chiller did you get? Drop in probe or in-line?
            Luis has nothing but the good stuff.
            I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Hell yeah he does!

Comment

Originally posted by Navarro View Post
                The garage was at 102 not the water the water was only 88 pretty high no
                matter what. The chiller is a Hamilton in line with a digital thermostat built in.
                The fish are fine and I made sure the temp didn't drop that quick regardless I will keep an eye on the fish
                The good thing about us plant people is that we keep erythromycyne.
                Cheers,
                Luis

Yea, 102 would have been fish soup....
                150G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
                125G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
                115G Tanganyikan

Comment

Working...
                X