Interesting Find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Find

FYI, I was on eBay the other day and found a seller that has the AZGarden 5 & 6 piece 11" tool kit with black case.....cheaper than AZGarden.

I got the 5 piece and paid $30 + $6 for shipping. These are SS made in Packistan but are better construction than most other tools. For the price you can not go wrong.

The 5 peice set has 2 pair of scissors (straight and curved), 2 tweezers (straight and bent) and a sand flattener

The 6 pieces has the same with the addition of a pair of forceps

Check out the eBay store Beauty Tools Direct

One of the crazy items that they have are 24" long scissors and tweezers. Might be usfull on the piranha tank....chomp chomp
    Last edited by kwc1974; 06-29-2009, 11:38 AM.
    Houston Areas Aquatic Plant Society

UPDATE & REVIEW:

Got them in and here are my thoughts.

The tweezers are a little fatter than I would like but are good for big plants. Not going to be planting HC with them anytime soon.

The sand flattener is stout. Really well made.

The two scissors are nice. A lot better made than the once I am replacing (broke my old curved tips)

All of this in a nice tool case....I rate it a B+ Thinner tips on the tweezers would have made it better.

Comment

I bought the 6 piece set from AZ Gardens 6 or 7 years ago and was quite happy with the tools. I think price including shipping was around $60.

Mark
      What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Got the same set...about 3-4 months ago! The tools are nice...built like a tank! However they are very heavy......you get what you pay for!! Would not buy again!

Comment

Guess that is why I like them, heavy. Already broken two pairs of curve scissors and I like the heavy flattener. But like I said earlier and I will agree, the tweezers could be made lighter, or thinner at the tips.

Anyways for the price I replaced two tools and added 3 more....I already had a sand flattener, but never liked it much (too thin)

Comment

These tools are like wearing speedos to a pool party and everyone else is wearing board shorts. They'll do the job.........just not very well and nobody will be asking you where you got those heavy beasty aquascaping tools!

Comment

Interesting analogy, a little backwards with the board shorts being bulky and speedos being thin and streamline.

Something you need to tell us about speedos?

Comment

FYI I don't think people wear speedos to pool parties......

you wear speedos kevin? Please don't invite me to any of your pool parties! I don't care how streamlined your speedos are! LOL

Comment

well now tha you mention it, I use to...but that is another story :) ha ha

just messing with you man.

Comment

I ordered these. And they are heavy but they are built very strong and inexpensive.
                    Resident fish bum
                    330G FOWLR
                    34G Reef
                    330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                    28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                    Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

I got mine from AZ Gardens a year ago. Will agree that they are great in big tanks with big plants and hold up well. Just ordered a pair of ADA 6" scissors for my nano tank however and and they cost me twice as much as the whole set did. Already had a pair of the ADA tweezers and couldn't do without them.

Comment

I got the same set awhile back. I'm very pleased with them, despite the bulky tweezers. Although, they aren't that great for small tanks (picotopes, etc... ). Overall, I'd definitely recommend them to anyone needing tools on a budget.

-Dave
                        Houston Area Aquatic Plant Society
                        Also follow us on Facebook and APC

Comment

Working...
                        X