i need heavy boat chain!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need heavy boat chain!!!

i need bout 20plus feet of heavy chain... my pit discovered the joy of jumpin the fence... he just hangs out in my front yard when he gets out, and i dont want him stolen. thanks

Chaining dogs up is very bad for them. You'd be better off getting a dog run with a top for him to stay in when you're not home. If you do end up chaining it, be sure he can't get anywhere near the fence, as dogs will jump it and hang themselves sometimes.

Comment

Not to mention the lesions they can get around their neck and legs when they get the chains wrapped around them. Best way to keep your dog in the yard? Get you dog spayed/neutered. They make better pets, live longer, and are less likely to roam. It DOES NOT make your dog a "sissy' or affect his ability to defend his territory at all.
      PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Wrong section. Moving thread.

Comment

another vote for spay/neuter/ taller overhanging fence.

Comment

Also, I don't see why people throw these monster big chains on dogs. They're not that strong, they don't need to be tied up with something that could lift an 18 wheeler off the ground. Think about how annoying that would be to have to drag that around with your neck.

I understand that a dog can chew through nylon, but eve with the horses (again, just a little stronger than a dog) the hazard with nylon is that it won't break, and can therefore really injure the animal if it freaks out.

Again, I think a run with a top would be the best option (I actually had one I gave away- it was here when I bought the house) I would think that a coated wire would be a better choice than chain or rope, but even that, if it gets wrapped up around his legs will cause some damage.

Could you keep him indoors?

Comment

renting house, not payin for a fence... during the day he is ok, at dusk he jumps... i want a heavy chain so he will get a work out... ive kept pits before, and im not the chain em up n leave em type... im gonna run a cable between 2 trees and then hang the chain off of that...

Comment

Working...
              X