patio fish??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patio fish??

I'm setting up a 100gl tank, planning to place it next to the patio, out of direct sunlight, beside my 5000gl koi pond. The question is what type of fish would survive the hot texas summer living in the glass tank- I can house them inside for the winter, just the summer I'm worries about... thank for any info...

if you had to...couldnt you just put a chiller on the tank so that the water didnt heat up too much.
    250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

Couldn't it be anything tropical? I dunno, but I remember reading somewhere on the internet once about a guy who put his fish in buckets outside in the summer (probably wasn't Houston) and he just let the rain take care of his water changes. Basically he left them alone and then later found out he'd bred his Zebra danios.
      -Laura-

Comment

make it a native tank... also danios... whiteclouds... convicts will probably do fine!
        65 gallon - ADA 120p - planted
        55 gallon - AGA standard - mix cichlid
        30 gallon tall - eclipse acrylic - semi-planted

live and let live

Comment

thank for the info native tank it is....

Comment

I put a fan blowing across the top of my 300 gal pond. that keeps it a perfect 80 degrees. I would not use glass tops though. maybe window screens would be good.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

White clouds are a cool water fish so they would not make a good outdoor Houston fish.
              Karen

Comment

Definately need to cover it with a screen to keep the critters out.

Add some floating plants to shade them some and you should be able to keep most tropicals. After all, they are from the tropics.
                'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Working...
                X