No announcement yet.

Looking for a Mbu Puffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks that makes me feel better. I feel horrible about him dyeing. I keep rethinking not getting one, they are such amazing puffers! Thanks for your input.

Originally posted by edmlfc View Post
    Sorry to hear that. But don't blame it on the cat. They are known jumpers. Especially when small. They can get spooked easy and zoom across the tank, then they take a flying leap! I have lids on my puffer tanks. If I didn't have a lid I'm sure Annabelle (fahaka) would have jumped out a long time ago. Just the other day I was bent down in front of the tank, I stood up and heard a loud thump! I looked at Annabelle and she had this dazed look on her face. She saw me stand up and hit the lids! I felt bad for her, but she was watching me and she knew I was there!

Keep an eye on craigslist, sometimes somebody will list one for adoption. I've seen one on there a while back. It outgrew the tank and the owner didn't want to upgrade. I would have taken it but I didn't have a large enough tank.
    Merritt Adkins
    Science Adviser/Marine Biologist

Got a question? Ask A Marine Biologist!

Check these cool sites out!
    Captive Aquatics: Houston Aquarium Service, Houston Aquarium Installation, and more!
    The Captive Aquatics Blog: aquarium articles, pictures, videos, product reviws, and more!

Comment

I have a Fahaka who jumps a lot. Good thing the tank is covered. Because of this, I also believe your Mbu jumped out on his own, rather than your cat's doing. Sorry :(
      PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

When you get another one, and you know you will , make sure you have a lid.
        A house without a puffer is not a Home.

Comment

always have a cover for puffer tank man...
          i have cover for all my tanks...just to feel more secure...
          and ya...puffer will jump whenever u think it wont...

Comment

I feel stupid thinking he wouldn't jump. Yea, I will probably try again, just going to wait awhile till I can afford one again. At Frondren Fish and Pets he was 150.00, so saving some cash now and I am going to invest in a lid for the tank.. :-)
            Merritt Adkins
            Science Adviser/Marine Biologist

Got a question? Ask A Marine Biologist!

Check these cool sites out!
            Captive Aquatics: Houston Aquarium Service, Houston Aquarium Installation, and more!
            The Captive Aquatics Blog: aquarium articles, pictures, videos, product reviws, and more!

Comment

Don't feel stuipd, when I got my first puffer I would have done the same thing if noone would have told me they were jumpers.
              A house without a puffer is not a Home.

Comment

Working...
              X