Some of my pond fish...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck to you!
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Thanks! Right now the important thing is keeping them from becoming turtle food. Once they are a little bigger they'll be safer.

Your fish are absolutely gorgeous! I hope someday to have such a troubling :)
      Zone 9
      150G stock tank: one RES and a buncha mosquito fish.
      2 half-barrels with mosquito fish & snails.
      Seeking 2 small goldies!

Comment

Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?

Comment

Dubs still in there? I didn't see them the other day.

Comment

I think so... I haven't seem them in a couple months... but who knows... I'll find out in a month when I drain the pond down

Comment

just let me know...I'll come help ya out.
              250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

Do you heat your pond or move out any of your fish during the winter?

Comment

I bring the plecos, barbs, and sharks inside for the winter. the koi, goldfish and gouramis stay outside. I don't use a heater. If it gets really cold, I turn off the waterfall.

Comment

Wow i didnt know gouraminis would stay out side i thought they were tropical they're the blue ones right? If they are,are you willing to sell some?

Comment

Originally posted by koi View Post
                      Wow i didnt know gouraminis would stay out side i thought they were tropical they're the blue ones right? If they are,are you willing to sell some?
                      More specifically, I have paradise gouramis in my pond. They are pretty hardy and survived last winter (and the winter before). I'd be willing to sell you some, but honestly you'd probably be better served to go to a LFS or big box store (PetSmart or Petco) since they will probably be closer.

This way you won't see me make an idiot out of myself trying to catch some of them from the pond.

Comment

Haha so they're called paridise gouramis and have your fish ever breed?(gouramis specifically).And what do they eat?Do they peck at your koi or goldies I love the fish that you have in your pond.Did any of your plecos/sharks die today with that suden drop?

Comment

Nobody died today. The volume of water is large enough to prevent drastic temperature fluctuations. I have had mine breed (which is surprising becasue I didn't know I had females). They don't seem to bother anyone else . . . and feast on a mix of koi pellets that I got from MetroFish at the GHAC Auction. Paradise gouramis aren't picky fish IMO.

Comment

http://www.petsmart.com/family/index...Gouramis&fbx=0
                            Petsmart doesnt have paradis gouramis do you know another name for them or a lfs that sell them?

Comment

I'm pretty certain that most LFS have them. . . but haven't looked specifically for them. Send a private message to FishRancher (Tran) at Fish Ranch, wago (Danny/Donnie) at City Pets, and dustin (Dustin) at Houston Aquarium Warehouse. All of them are sponsors of HoustonFishBox as well.

Comment

Originally posted by koi View Post
                                http://www.petsmart.com/family/index...Gouramis&fbx=0
                                Petsmart doesnt have paradis gouramis do you know another name for them or a lfs that sell them?
                                Just because they aren't listed online, doesn't mean that PetSmart doesn't sell them. The ones on the webiste are sold at all the Petsmart locations (staple fish). Most stores in Houston will probably carry them. Just give them a call and ask. They should go by the name paradise gourami.

Comment

Working...
                                X