Local Betta Breeders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Betta Breeders?

I have been wanting to breed my own betas but the only "nice" types I can find are from Thailand and I don't want to pay the transshipping costs. Does anyone in Houston breed betas that I could purchase some nice halfmoons betas from?

THANKS!
    Merritt Adkins
    Science Adviser/Marine Biologist

Got a question? Ask A Marine Biologist!

Check these cool sites out!
    Captive Aquatics: Houston Aquarium Service, Houston Aquarium Installation, and more!
    The Captive Aquatics Blog: aquarium articles, pictures, videos, product reviws, and more!

talk to phishphreek, he is the betta guru... he is also the mod on here, wait, make it super mod.. he lives in texas city tho...

Comment

I have the following available for $25 / pair if you pick up. add $10 for shipping

Platinum Whites from my C01 spawn
      Red, orange or gold dragons from my D03 spawn
      Blue Marbles from my E04 spawn
      Red or Pineapple from my F05 spawn
      Orange finned Chocolets from my B06 spawn
      Orange Cambodians from my F06 spawn.
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Wow! Thanks PhishPhreek! I am mainly looking for dragons to breed. You live in Texas City right? I would like to swing by and look at (and purchase) some of your bettas. Maybe you can give my some breeding tips since I have never gotten it to work for me. :-)
        Merritt Adkins

Captive Aquatics: Houston Aquarium Service, Houston Aquarium Installation, and more!
        The Captive Aquatics Blog: aquarium articles, pictures, videos, product reviws, and more!

Comment

Be happy to answer all your questions.
          I think you'ld like our pot luck meetings
          BettaHabari is the Houston Area Chapter of the IBC
          You'll find a few tips & tricks on my website

If you want to see some fantastic bettas,
          you should plan on going to Dallas in June
          for the IBC anual conference, show & auction.
          The best of the best will be there

call me at 409-392-6616 before you drop by
          'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
          He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

P.S. the best time to attempt to spawn bettas is right after a front moves through. The air pressure change seems to trigger their spawning instinks

This week I have the following pairs spawning for the Fall show season.
            Red Giant
            Red Butterfly (2)
            Blue Marble
            Pineapple

Comment

phishphreek do you have any giant bettas?
              210 gallon ~ S/A, C/A build; jaguar, dovii, flowerhorn, gold doviI, 2 red devils, pacu, shovel nose cat
              125 gallon long ~ African cichlids
              10 gallon ~ ghost shrimp breeding (fish treats) haha

Comment

Originally posted by startingover View Post
                phishphreek do you have any giant bettas?
                I have 1 half-giant red plakat that I finally got to spawn with one of my HM red females. I should have some half-giants in 4 months. With a little luck I may have some full giants by Christmas.

Comment

cool :0 lmk wenu get the full giants
                  210 gallon ~ S/A, C/A build; jaguar, dovii, flowerhorn, gold doviI, 2 red devils, pacu, shovel nose cat
                  125 gallon long ~ African cichlids
                  10 gallon ~ ghost shrimp breeding (fish treats) haha

Comment

Yea, I have been planning on going to the IBC convention this year since it is in Texas, too great of an opportunity to miss! I wanted to purchase some great looking dragon bettas from there to spawn.
                    Merritt Adkins

Comment

Dragons

The next show is in California CBS 5/16 and they have sponsered the awards for the Dragons at the national convention so I expect the competition to be stiff. Still, my Dragons aren't too shaby.

Comment

I loved your red and orange dragons. When I sort out my fish space I will PM you regarding their sale. Do you have any sibling females available? So glad I joined this site. I have been looking at Aquabid.com for some stock but would prefer yours. :-) Hopefully I can breed them and get some good quality betas out of it.
                        Merritt Adkins

Comment

show standards

If you are going to raise bettas for show, you need to attend the judging seminars at the convention in Dallas so that you know what the judges are looking for and counting off against. I did that in 2004 and it has made a world of difference in how I choose my breeders.

Comment

Originally posted by PhishPhreek View Post
                            P.S. the best time to attempt to spawn bettas is right after a front moves through. The air pressure change seems to trigger their spawning instinks

This week I have the following pairs spawning for the Fall show season.
                            Red Giant
                            Red Butterfly (2)
                            Blue Marble
                            Pineapple
                            Hi .

I just get into Hiuston last week and looking for Plakat betta ..... ur help n suggestion will b v helpful.... i'll raise them n breed them ... so i am thinking in long term perspective ..... lioking forward to ur reply

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking for used tanks n ewuipments which r for sell or give away..... any help in this regard will be highly appreciated

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X